Post Likes

Cold Weather Comfort Food

Cold weather is here. Got the itch to do some cooking. Country Style Chicken and Sausage soup with some home made bread.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. Likes Ga-HVAC-tech, F250HVAC, HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Dang! I feel ya!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
    Cold weather is here. Got the itch to do some cooking. Country Style Chicken and Sausage soup with some home made bread.
    It's not complete until you share the recipe.

Post Likes
    I like to get those spiral hams from Costco for sandwiches then boil the bone with northern beans, potatoes, onion and peppers.

6. Likes The Reaper liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bels View Post
    It's not complete until you share the recipe.
    This is from memory but it will get you in the ball park. FYI, I always use a wooden spoon. When you use a metal spoon in a metal pot, your food tastes like metal.
    Ingredients:
    2 lbs Bone In Chicken Thighs
    1 lbs Sweet Italian Sausage (loose)
    1 lbs Hot Italian Sausage (loose)
    3 Large Carrots Chopped
    1 Bunch Celery Chopped
    2 Large Onions Chopped
    1 Stick of Butter
    Instructions:
    1) Place raw chicken thighs in a large pot and cover in water. Add trimmings from celery, onions and carrots and simmer until chicken is cooked fully. Strain out the vegetables and reserve the liquid
    2) Remove cooked chicken from the bones and shred. Set it to the side for later. Discard the bones
    3) In a large pot, brown the sausage on high heat with a little vegetable oil continually stirring until fully cooked
    4) Add celery, onions and carrots and sweat until onions are clear. Continuously stir to prevent burning. Scrape the bottom of the pot to get all those num nums. (Yes, I said num nums!)
    5) Cut heat to Medium and melt in 1 stick of butter
    6) Dust mixture with 2 cups of flour and stir until it is fully absorbed. Cook 3 minutes while continually stirring. This makes a roux for thickening the soup
    7) Pour in the chicken stock
    8) Stir continuously and make sure to work out all the lumps. When the soup starts to boil, cut it balk to low heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
    9) Add in chicken and adjust seasoning as desired. You won't need much because the sausage has a lot. Sometimes I finish with a little cream or sometimes I just leave it as is

8. Likes Bels liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by F250HVAC View Post
    I like to get those spiral hams from Costco for sandwiches then boil the bone with northern beans, potatoes, onion and peppers.
    My wife doesn't like it when I eat beans.

Post Likes
    Really awesome food i saw this image. I'm sure it's more delicious to the restaurant.