Post Likes

Lon Service Pin stuck?

Attached is a link to a screen shot of the application director from an FX70 attached to a Lon network. The lon network has been communicating fine for the past couple of years. Every time I log into the application director I see that it is flooded with "Receive service pin". The jace is not waiting for a service pin from a node. It seems like the service pin is stuck and constantly pinging the jace. I'm surprised that it hasn't affected the lon network and doesn't seem to be causing any communication problems. I just have to shut off this heat pump if I want to push a service pin on another unit. I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen something like this.

https://i.imgur.com/5iQ6bw0.png

Post Likes
    Connect protocol analyzer
    See packets

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Igotworms View Post
    It seems like the service pin is stuck and constantly pinging the jace. I'm surprised that it hasn't affected the lon network and doesn't seem to be causing any communication problems.
    Service pins are broadcasted so it's not actually pinging the JACE directly, but every node does see that message. In terms of bandwidth, it's a fairly small message.
    Have you physically checked the switch in that particular heat pump controller? From the program id, this is a MqQuay heat pump with the old microtech 2000 controller.
    http://www.lonmark.org/product/produ...?ProductID=708

Post Likes
    We have a site with a few hundred Mc Quay LON heat pumps. In the past someone piled boxes of laptops up against the Mc Quay wall stat. The override button was pushed in causing the heat pump to constantly send out a service pin.

Post Likes
    Yes I have physically checked this heat pump several times because if I want push the service pin on another heat pump, I have to shut the power off to this one so it will stop sending the service pin message. These are console water source heat pumps that are on the ground up against the outside walls. You have to take the cover off and a few screws to get to the service pin.