Post Likes

Question No Ready Light on Vulcan C24GA10 Steamer

This steamer doesn't present the READY light after running through the heat up cycle. the module drops from 9aU to 1au like the flame is still on instead of a heart beat. water control board runs the fill sequence and probes are clean and have continuity. It does produce steam when timers are turn on as well. i'm at a loss as i don't know a lot about steamers. Suggestions?

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    I'm not meaning to sound brutally simplistic here, but from your story, it sounds like everything is working except the light. SO...troubleshoot the light. If it's getting 120v, replace the light. If not, soemething's not happening to energize it or there's a loose wire somewhere.

Here are links to its manuals:

C24GA10 Installation & Operation Manual

C24GA10 Service Manual

C24GA10 Parts Manual
    ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

"You never know what others don't know." -

If I can't laugh at myself...then I'll laugh at YOU! -

Post Likes
    Will do but i dont think im seeing a bad light. Ill let you know

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ptrumble View Post
    Will do but i dont think im seeing a bad light. Ill let you know
    Well, I studied the schematic a bit for you to offer some clarity...

• Once the generator has filled so the water level board's lower probe is made, the fast fill solenoid is de-energized and power is switched over to the operating pressure switch.
    • The operating pressure will call for heat until it senses a generator steam pressure of 3.5 to 4.0 PSI.
    • At 3.5 to 4.0 PSI, the operating pressure switch will change state to supply power to the compartment control timers and the ready lights - via their respective closed door switch (two compartments, two sets of compartment controls...and two door switches)
    • If a door is opened, that compartment's ready light goes out and its cooking timer is de-energized.
    • If the steam generator's operating pressure drops below 2.5 to 3.5 PSI, the operating pressure will de-energize the component controls and then will call for heat. It will continue to heat until 3.5 to 4.0 PSI is once again achieved.

So, if you're seeing the burner go out and you're getting steam within the cooking compartments, then that SHOULD be indication that the operating pressure switch is satisfied, therefore the ready light should be illuminating.
    ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

"You never know what others don't know." -

If I can't laugh at myself...then I'll laugh at YOU! -

Post Likes
    That definitely makes sense. I will test that as soon as i can. I really appreciate the help.