Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast
    Post Likes

Rollout switch tripping have no heat

Newly installed airtemp gas furnace is tripping flame rollout switch after gas is on for 5 minutes. Match tested HX with only supply fan on and it passed. Furnace is only 2 weeks old. Even replaced the rollout switch and the factory circuit board and it's still tripping out. Stumped?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Why not call the installer back. It’s two weeks old, give them a call and tell them you don’t have heat.
    I would suspect the rollout and board are doing their job. Why were they replaced?
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Post Likes
    I did the install in the spring and the AC works fine but now it's getting cold and the rollout switch keeps tripping the heat off. Called Nordyne and they told me that either the rollout switch was bad or the burner compartment is leaking air from the blower compartment. Or there are open knockouts in the side of the furnace which there arent. Replaced rollout switch and circuit board and it still trips.

Post Likes
    I did the install in the spring and the AC works fine but now it's getting cold and the rollout switch keeps tripping the heat off. Called Nordyne and they told me that either the rollout switch was bad or the burner compartment is leaking air from the blower compartment. Or there are open knockouts in the side of the furnace which there arent. Replaced rollout switch and circuit board and it still trips. But doesnt trip with door off.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rider77 View Post
    Why not call the installer back. Its two weeks old, give them a call and tell them you dont have heat.
    I would suspect the rollout and board are doing their job. Why were they replaced?
    I did the install in the spring and the AC works fine but now it's getting cold and the rollout switch keeps tripping the heat off. Never had a brand new unit not work that I installed. So I called Nordyne and they told me that either the rollout switch was bad or the burner compartment is leaking air from the blower compartment. Or there are open knockouts in the side of the furnace which there arent. Replaced rollout switch and circuit board and it still trips. But doesnt trip with door off.

Post Likes
    Are you a professional technician or was this a DIY install?

Post Likes
    I am an electrician by trade, but have installed a few high efficiency gas furnaces before for customers. And it figures to have issues with the one you install for yourself.

Post Likes
    I would suggest calling a service company then, and having the issue looked at.
    Nordyne can probably get you hooked up with a factory rep near you.

Post Likes
    I would suggest calling a service company then, and having the issue looked at.
    Nordyne can probably get you hooked up with a factory rep near you.
    We'll see if they can figure it out thanks

Post Likes
    Just a thought, but after the install did you commission the unit and set it up? Take temperature and pressure readings and tune it from there? Or just turn it on and fire it?

Post Likes
    Just a thought, but after the install did you commission the unit and set it up? Take temperature and pressure readings and tune it from there? Or just turn it on and fire it?
    I had a local hvac contractor come and charge the A/C and check the install. And he said it looked better than some of the installs he's seen by contractors. I did not adjust pressures at all but did have to install an lp conversion kit.

Post Likes
    Well, it’s likely something that was missed during startup then. A good startup should probably take at least 2 hours AFTER the equipment is up and running.
    What did the commissioning report say about the heating startup? Was a combustion analyzer used during startup, or to test the unit after the conversion?

Post Likes
    Well, its likely something that was missed during startup then. A good startup should probably take at least 2 hours AFTER the equipment is up and running.
    What did the commissioning report say about the heating startup? Was a combustion analyzer used during startup, or to test the unit after the conversion?
    I'm thinking it wasn't ran after the install because it was in an unconditioned attic space and probably 100 degrees

Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast