Post Likes

Mcquay WSC pressure transmitters

Any help would be appreciated. Working on a WSC063 DAABR all pressure sensors are reading approx. 30# low and alarm will not clear, all go to analog input board. have 5 volts on red and black wires at board. I'm thinking board is bad but have been told microtech II controller is bad which is hard to believe since all other readings are correct. any answers.

Post Likes
    oil pressure transducer are ok? If they are ok try to swap with the low pressure transducer

If I remember well, I think transducer are connect on a little board on the compressor microtech. Sometimes this board are not insert correctly especially when the two flat head screw is missing. But I rarely see this board break.

Post Likes
    All your pressure sensors read out

There should be 5 vdc on the red wire (line) nothing on the black wire (ground) and between 0-5 vdc on the white wire (signal)
    5vdc would be the max pressure rating on the label

Because it is a common fault to all pressure sensors- it looks like you could have a trickle to earth somewhere affecting the program or the analogue input board has failed
    danARCICA by Maximus Chillers

Chiller Sales, Maintenance and Repairs Maximus Chillers

Post Likes
    Thanks for the input have analog card ordered. I will check the wiring for a ground

Post Likes
    UPDATE bad evaporator pressure sensor making all others read incorrect. replaced and operating as should. thanks for the help.

6. Likes stanbyyourword liked this post