$$$ coming out of school/apprentice

what would you say, in the greater atlanta area, the starting pay out of tech school is? I have heard about $12-$13/hr. does this sound correct??

Also, if I am in tech school at night and I get a job apprenticing while in school can I expect to make the same (12-13)?? Hope this makes sense

Expect to make minimum wage and you won’t be disappointed.

Tech schools, NATE, RESE, and Vocational school are all needed but are only the starting point. You still need time in the field and continuing education.

I think 12-13 is reasonable in a good economy. I do not know what you should expect in current conditions

i tried getting into the field while in school, and was offered only 9 dollars an hour, i decided to finish school and was started at 13. some students decided to get jobs anyway and i can tell you that most of them did not do so good due to being just so dam tired.
    I will take a bullet for my Veto LC tool bag!

Quote Originally Posted by refer guy View Post
    i tried getting into the field while in school, and was offered only 9 dollars an hour, i decided to finish school and was started at 13. some students decided to get jobs anyway and i can tell you that most of them did not do so good due to being just so dam tired.
    thanks man, that was a good answer. kinda thought the same thing about being too tired

I made 11 coming out of school but I remember the school saying average coming out was 13. It took me two more years to get that

Quote Originally Posted by Tie Strap View Post
    I made 11 coming out of school but I remember the school saying average coming out was 13. It took me two more years to get that
    that would have pissed me off if a company offered me 11 then told me average was 13!!

what year was that?

jan 05...I did sheet metal/installs for 2 years and im coming up on 2 years doing service in april

I expected to start at about 10-12 after getting my associates.

I got a sheet metal apprenticeship and started at about 14

I interviewed for jobs that were starting at 8/hr. There was no way I could've done that... around here those places only pay their vets around 15 - if that.

LOL... I started as a service tech at 12 (no hvac exp) and within 1.5 yrs was making 16. that was 2003-04. Company wanted someone with electrical exp and hired me on the spot. Well.. the rest is history. I still dont know nuttin! hehe
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!