Post Likes

Web based management / tracking software

Anyone know of a good free or not to expensive web based management software?

I would like to track the jobs I have done with pictures and dates for multiple buildings and be able to sort the jobs by date or bldg and be able to share with others without them having to install software.

both one drive and one note can not short as far as I know.

my goal is to be able to show by boss what jobs i did in the last month and show others what jobs I did at there bldg.

Post Likes
    I'm in the same boat just waiting to see the responses.....

Good question. I was thinking of building that on a spreadsheet and using office 365 to collaborate with others.

There is a pretty good template with Microsoft Access for work order management. Creates service orders and invoices, manages customer contact info, sorts everything for you to run reports.

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I use FileMaker, created my own. If you search this site for 'FileMaker' you'll see a number of threads/comments I posted.

FileMaker Pro Advanced is about $500.00, but you have to create the database. There are free 'Starter Solutions' you can use (not recommended) or pick apart for ideas, but you will have to learn some FileMaker programming to create your own. It's not that hard and there are 3 main forums with experts that love to help-plus tons of youTube videos and training videos.

The software I wanted/needed would've easily cost up to 35k, so I made my own. When I have down time, I just keep tweaking and adding to it.
    You can connect your laptop with up to 4 other users over wifi, or put in a server, or have the file hosted. I just use it on the computer, copy a file to dropbox, and open it on my iPhone or iPad.

You can develop on a Mac or Windows computer, but the mobile side is only IOS, unless you get into more advanced stuff like Web Direct (not for me).
    "Sometimes what's right is what's left after you do everything wrong"--Robin Williams

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    I use FileMaker, created my own. If you search this site for 'FileMaker' you'll see a number of threads/comments I posted.

FileMaker Pro Advanced is about $500.00, but you have to create the database. There are free 'Starter Solutions' you can use (not recommended) or pick apart for ideas, but you will have to learn some FileMaker programming to create your own. It's not that hard and there are 3 main forums with experts that love to help-plus tons of youTube videos and training videos.

The software I wanted/needed would've easily cost up to 35k, so I made my own. When I have down time, I just keep tweaking and adding to it.
    You can connect your laptop with up to 4 other users over wifi, or put in a server, or have the file hosted. I just use it on the computer, copy a file to dropbox, and open it on my iPhone or iPad.

You can develop on a Mac or Windows computer, but the mobile side is only IOS, unless you get into more advanced stuff like Web Direct (not for me).
    That does not sound like what Im looking for.

I am looking for a web based thing like one drive or one note but is somewhat flexible like access database.

Post Likes
    We use RazorSync where I am. Works good as a dispatching tool. You can easily create any and all sorts of forms for whatever you do. And it can dump information into quick books to save you time there. Just went to their website and pricing is disclosed, so at a quick glance, you can see if it is even something in your ballpark.
    A skilled Tech would solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.