+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Klein CL450

Post Likes

Klein CL450

I am looking for a couple of these brand new still in the package. Anyone have any or have a line on any? I appreciate the help ahead of time.....

Stayte

Post Likes
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Jonathan Lawson 2024

Post Likes
    Corny, thank you. However, I have one of these already. I need the 450!

https://www.kleintools.com/catalog/c...al-temperature

Post Likes
    I have them in stock
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

5. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    email is in my profile. I can ship them anywhere in the continental US

7. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    The CL450 has everything hvac techs need including the LoZ, minus the Watts function. Only place I've seen them was on eBay. I wish my FP SC680 had LoZ. All of Klein's new meters that have LoZ are missing some other feature that the CL450 did have. I have no idea why they discontinued it.

Kinda like the Testo 770-3. What a great platform, all they needed was to tweak it a bit. I still have my 770-3 like new in box. Just waiting to use it with my Testo 300 for a full furnace test. I hope someday Testo gets around to integrating their app.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes
    Yeah, strikes me as odd they made it for such a short time and then discontinued. That Testo I would love to get my hands and try out sometime. I think I am going through a new phase of tools and want to change up from the FP game and see what else is out there, and where I should invest in tools next. You do make a great point about manufacturers coming close but never putting everything in one meter. Almost as if they WANT to force you to buy their products.

I appreciate those who are trying to help and I will update here as soon as I find a source... Perhaps I am not alone

Post Likes
    Did you get my email?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Stayte View Post
    Yeah, strikes me as odd they made it for such a short time and then discontinued. That Testo I would love to get my hands and try out sometime. I think I am going through a new phase of tools and want to change up from the FP game and see what else is out there, and where I should invest in tools next. You do make a great point about manufacturers coming close but never putting everything in one meter. Almost as if they WANT to force you to buy their products.

I appreciate those who are trying to help and I will update here as soon as I find a source... Perhaps I am not alone
    I bought a whole Testo second gen probe kit on Marketplace for a pretty great deal. I've been thinking about using it on some calls. I used it today with the 300 analyzer, but had to use 2 different apps in order to get air temperature delta. When you switch to 2nd screen for the 300 in the Testo app it connects through a separate connection, like it's WiFi or something, it's really odd. If you switch out of the 2nd screen to check other probes you lose connection with the 300, and then have to reconnect. It's really an odd set up. I'm sure I'm not doing something right, but it's like Testo goes out of their way to make things more difficult. I really don't understand how FP can get all of their probes to work together, but Testo has such a huge problem with integration.

Also, FP's pdf report is so much simpler to read. Testo's pdf is like reading a excel spread sheet. So while I too would like to try something new, I'm afraid FP is still on top of the game with regards to the wireless tools. Thinking about selling off the Testo stuff and investing in the new CAT84 analyzer.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Stayte View Post
    Corny, thank you. However, I have one of these already. I need the 450!

https://www.kleintools.com/catalog/c...al-temperature
    oh.. sorry... must have got the numbers wrong.
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Jonathan Lawson 2024

Post Likes
    Nice looking meter. Is the smaller set of numbers at the top of the display show amps and is it always amps or will it show a second temp in temp mode?

Post Likes
    The 450 is an excellent meter. You can also purchase a magnet that fits on the back. I just picked up an Amprobe ACD-51NAV for a backup meter. Or maybe a 52NAV? Whichever one is better for HVAC. I kind of wish I searched for a Klein CL450 with the magnet.
    [B][SIZE=2] CENTER]I no longer identify as a conspiracy theorist. You may now refer to me as “That guy that was always right”.

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    The 450 is an excellent meter. You can also purchase a magnet that fits on the back. I just picked up an Amprobe ACD-51NAV for a backup meter. Or maybe a 52NAV? Whichever one is better for HVAC. I kind of wish I searched for a Klein CL450 with the magnet.
    Ok, so my neighbor actually was able to locate 2 of them for me. He works for an Environmental company and had access to some and since he is VP his suppliers wanted to kiss his .... and keep him happy. Anyhow it worked out great for me, I was able to pick up 2 of them for 150 a piece. I bought two so I would have a backup.

I want to thank everyone who offered help to me, especially Paul. I haven't had a chance to use the meter just yet, but as soon as I do I will be able to let you know about the screen and what is on it.

I am also buying the extended wands for temp so they can slide inside a duct. oh, and the magnet as well.

Super happy with this meter though, and knowing it's a Klein I should have it for years to come....

Stayte

16. Likes 2sac liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in