+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Follow Up on More Affordable ProPress Tools

Post Likes

Follow Up on More Affordable ProPress Tools

A few weeks ago I posted a thread about the Zupper copper press tools. I spoke with the General Sales Manager and encouraged him to post a channel onto youtube. Here's a link for the PZ-1550 I ordered from Zupper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY__z0YeOcA&t=0s

As you can see it's a lot like the Milwuakee M18 tool press tool. It uses generic Makita batteries and it's a bit larger. It also has a handy light near the handle. When I get mine in I'm going to test it out and post a youtube video myself.

BTW Edward also told me Zupper is coming out with an improved version in 6 months that will have a better hydraulic system and brushless motor.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by James Colver View Post
    A few weeks ago I posted a thread about the Zupper copper press tools. I spoke with the General Sales Manager and encouraged him to post a channel onto youtube. Here's a link for the PZ-1550 I ordered from Zupper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY__z0YeOcA&t=0s

As you can see it's a lot like the Milwuakee M18 tool press tool. It uses generic Makita batteries and it's a bit larger. It also has a handy light near the handle. When I get mine in I'm going to test it out and post a youtube video myself.

BTW Edward also told me Zupper is coming out with an improved version in 6 months that will have a better hydraulic system and brushless motor.
    Thanks for posting. Hopefully I can understand yours a little better.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Post Likes
    Can you buy just one? And can you order all the jaws in SAE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Edward is supplying me with one PZ-1550 and a smaller BZ-1528. The crimping dies are in metric and according to viega in Australia these are the sizes that you'll need:

VAU 15mm
    20mm
    25mm
    32mm
    40mm
    50mm.

These are the sizes that they said will work from 1/2 to 2" pipe. I'm going to test and make sure when it comes in. BTW. The tool uses generic Makita 18v batteries.

Post Likes
    Post back here when you get them. Very curious to see how it all works out, particularly with the metric jaw sizes to SAE

Post Likes
    I'm curious also. I wonder if standard jaws would fit.
    What's a generic Makita battery? Makita or not Makita.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jnsrose View Post
    I'm curious also. I wonder if standard jaws would fit.
    What's a generic Makita battery? Makita or not Makita.
    It is exactly the same battery, without the label on it. Milwaukee now has generic m18 batteries tool that cost half the price on Amazon.

Post Likes
    Those generic batteries are not made by Makita or Milwaukee. They probably work fine on the non-brushless tech, but the latest tools, have battery protection mumbo jumbo built in.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFloPlumber View Post
    Nice video! Thanks for posting. Can't wait for the updates
    Is it hot in Deerfield Beach?

Post Likes
    Any update on this?

Post Likes
    If you are using US inch-size press fittings made to ASME B16.50, then you absolutely do not want to use metric jaws. That will immediately void the warranty of any press fitting manufacturer. Metric and Inch fittings can appear to have similar dimensions, but they are not a true match.

Post Likes

Any feedback

Dear Sir/Madam,

Do you have any feedback on Zupper pz-1550 and its usage in the USA for inches metric system. Your response will be much appreciated.

Ty.

************************************************** ************************************************** ********

Quote Originally Posted by James Colver View Post
    Edward is supplying me with one PZ-1550 and a smaller BZ-1528. The crimping dies are in metric and according to viega in Australia these are the sizes that you'll need:

VAU 15mm
    20mm
    25mm
    32mm
    40mm
    50mm.

These are the sizes that they said will work from 1/2 to 2" pipe. I'm going to test and make sure when it comes in. BTW. The tool uses generic Makita 18v batteries.

Post Likes

Zupper PZ-1930

I ordered the PZ-1930. I've don't testing with the unit. It works great!! no leaks. I pressure tested it up to 140PSI without leaks. I ordered my unit with the VUS jaws which are made for US spec. Seems to work great. The unit comes with 1/2", 3/4" and 1" jaws.

If anyone is interested, I might be able or put in an order. Shipping it high do to weight. They seem to build them as needed based on the specs needed. From what I've found. Zupper makes these tools for the AU market. Some of the Rigid and Milwaukee jaws appear to be interchangeable depending on the model.

I can't seem to figure out how to upload a picture here or I'd post it. Let me try another browser.

Quote Originally Posted by hakunamatata196 View Post
    Dear Sir/Madam,

Do you have any feedback on Zupper pz-1550 and its usage in the USA for inches metric system. Your response will be much appreciated.

Ty.

************************************************** ************************************************** ********

Post Likes

Zupper PZ-1930

Name:  image0-6.jpeg
Views: 2696
Size:  132.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by barros1389 View Post
    I ordered the PZ-1930. I've don't testing with the unit. It works great!! no leaks. I pressure tested it up to 140PSI without leaks. I ordered my unit with the VUS jaws which are made for US spec. Seems to work great.

I can't seem to figure out how to upload a picture here or I'd post it. Let me try another browser.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by barros1389 View Post
    Name:  image0-6.jpeg
Views: 2696
Size:  132.7 KB

Hey I got the same one. I ordered it with the 1/2 to 1" VUS jaws and it's been working great for a year now. They also make a cutter and dies that work well on crimping and cutting electrical wire.

I also bought a EB-1550 about 6 months ago. Both tools work really well and I have no complaints. I feel bad for the guys who are spending 3K on their press tools when they can be had for a 1/3 the cost.

Post Likes
    Any more updates on the Zupper PZ propress tools? Thank you.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesPZ View Post
    Any more updates on the Zupper PZ propress tools? Thank you.
    Sure James

I've been using the compact press tool for 3 years now. It works PERECTLY and I have no complaints. I paid about $1100 including shipping to get the 1/2 -1" VUS jaws and the electrical crimper jaws.

I also paid another 900 2 years ago and got the 32kn press tool. I only need the tool and the batteries because the head will work with the Ridgid Jaws I already have. I also have the jaw set for the Zoomlock 2 fittings and they also fit right into the Zupper tool.

I want to be clear this tool is A LOT better than the compariable press tools made in the USA. It uses the brushless motor, has a handly digital display that shows the battery life, and it's very versital.

Frankly it makes no sense why the techs in the USA are pay 3 grand for comparible press tools in the USA. It's just a hydraulic cyclinder with a 18V motor/pump and a couple batteries. When you think about it the tool itself only costs a few hundred to make at most.

18. Likes ksefan liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Where or who did you get your tool from? I have seen them on Amazon and talked to a factory sales rep. I want to be able to propress SAE water lines. I didn't know you could put other heads on it. My email is james.perdue07@gmail.com. Thank you

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesPZ View Post
    Where or who did you get your tool from? I have seen them on Amazon and talked to a factory sales rep. I want to be able to propress SAE water lines. I didn't know you could put other heads on it. My email is james.perdue07@gmail.com. Thank you

I don't know about Amazon but I've always ordered directly from Zupper through the Alibaba site. Some pointers you'll need to keep in mind is to specifically ask for DHL shipping because they handle the customs paperwork. Also if your order is over 900 bucks you'll need to pay a 25% duty. Under that there's no fee that I'm aware of.

Usually it takes about a month for the item to clear customs and arrive at your front door.

Make sure you specifically ask for "VUS" jaws.

Post Likes
    I just looked at Amazon and I see it now. 900 bucks is fair and it looks like zupper is selling directly through the Amazon site now. You can see it takes a while to come in but its well worth the wait.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in