Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Customer had a WiFi extender/booster installed last night. He said the Gree WiFi controls are working now.
    It's an upside down world we live in.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by David Goodman View Post
    This is my first mini-split install. Tips for improvement would be appreciated.
    Why the extra 90 at the outdoor unit? Oil trap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by todd.dewulf View Post
    Why the extra 90 at the outdoor unit? Oil trap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The flare connections come off the unit at an upward angle. I just felt it would look better to use a tubing bender on the lines instead of a sweeping hand bend.

I wanted nice straight pieces of tubing going to the flares in case I made a bad flare and needed to cut it off to make a new one.

4. Likes todd.dewulf, zamoramax liked this post
    Post Likes
    Looks good, I would have tried to either put mini split on same side as head unit or move head unit to next to window/same side as condenser. But I also understand what we sometimes have to work with....lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I see you install Gree. I've been researching them it appears they are very similar in quality as a Mitsubishi but substantially less costly. I'm planning a 2 zone 12000/9000 (21000) . I live near Milwaukee so am concerned with the ability to provide enough heat when.it's 10 degrees outside. the 12000btu is for a great room addition that 380 Sq ft and has a cathedral ceiling. the 9000 is for a 225 Sq foot bedroom upstairs. it already has heat from the central hvac but starved for air so t am considering giving it it's own 9000 but unit (smallest Gree makes. what's your opinion?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jssussex View Post
    I see you install Gree. I've been researching them it appears they are very similar in quality as a Mitsubishi but substantially less costly. I'm planning a 2 zone 12000/9000 (21000) . I live near Milwaukee so am concerned with the ability to provide enough heat when.it's 10 degrees outside. the 12000btu is for a great room addition that 380 Sq ft and has a cathedral ceiling. the 9000 is for a 225 Sq foot bedroom upstairs. it already has heat from the central hvac but starved for air so t am considering giving it it's own 9000 but unit (smallest Gree makes. what's your opinion?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    My opinion, take it for what's worth. Gree is that of a Daewoo while Mitsubishi is
    More like Audi or Mercedes.

The 2nd is there to protect the 1st. DTOM

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by zamoramax View Post
    My opinion, take it for what's worth. Gree is that of a Daewoo while Mitsubishi is
    More like Audi or Mercedes.

Have you had a chance to take the Gree tech class?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jacob-k View Post
    Have you had a chance to take the Gree tech class?

No. But have repaired several. The issues tend to be with the boards.

Post Likes
    Beings it's your first one I'll just add, beware that unit blows downward in heating so bedroom placement sometimes is based on comfort more than aesthetics. If unit is gonna blow straight down on a bed I always try to move it, but I always explain to customer and let them decide....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jacob-k View Post
    Beings it's your first one I'll just add, beware that unit blows downward in heating so bedroom placement sometimes is based on comfort more than aesthetics. If unit is gonna blow straight down on a bed I always try to move it, but I always explain to customer and let them decide....

Thank you. I will keep that in mind.

Post Likes
    Another fun day. Customer ordered everything and I mean everything needed to install from warehouse direct I believe for a mitsu 2 on 1 system. Ol boy was over my shoulder all day questions after questions. He has one other system to install. I think he's going to try it on his own. Best part is he seen all my tools and jaw dropped. Then stated he could buy all my tools for less than our 7 hours labor. Needless to say I was frustrated. Should have been done no later than 1pm, but he earned an extra 2 hours of billing. Should have taken a pic but dude was almost litteraly holding my pocket.

Post Likes
    Customer supplied equipment is for the birds 🦅

Post Likes
    I hated it, but delivered a working system with a smile(sort of). He was happy and informed. Now he can install his own thanks to YouTube(he actually admitted to watching install videos),and seeing me get it done. I'm almost ready to commute again...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast