Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by zamoramax View Post
    Another fun day. Customer ordered everything and I mean everything needed to install from warehouse direct I believe for a mitsu 2 on 1 system. Ol boy was over my shoulder all day questions after questions. He has one other system to install. I think he's going to try it on his own. Best part is he seen all my tools and jaw dropped. Then stated he could buy all my tools for less than our 7 hours labor. Needless to say I was frustrated. Should have been done no later than 1pm, but he earned an extra 2 hours of billing. Should have taken a pic but dude was almost litteraly holding my pocket.

The 2nd is there to protect the 1st. DTOM
    Can't tell you how much fun it is to say we don't install customer purchased equipment. Lol...they get all mad and hang up most of the time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jacob-k View Post
    Can't tell you how much fun it is to say we don't install customer purchased equipment. Lol...they get all mad and hang up most of the time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Oh how I wish I could say that. Employer may frown upon it. They are a certain type of person. The kind that says Mark it up 20%

3. Likes jacob-k liked this post
    Post Likes
    I tell them you pay me my normal rates ill install it BUT NO WARRANTY EXCEPT on my work.
    very few that point have me install it
    works for me

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by zamoramax View Post
    Oh how I wish I could say that. Employer may frown upon it. They are a certain type of person. The kind that says Mark it up 20%

Usually I don’t have time to fool with it but if I do I just give them a price marked up as if I were providing it less my equipment cost. Usually the total price is far more than they would have paid if we supplied the equipment.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    Usually I don’t have time to fool with it but if I do I just give them a price marked up as if I were providing it less my equipment cost. Usually the total price is far more than they would have paid if we supplied the equipment.
    We ended up doing it T&M. $XXX.XX/hr/man.

Post Likes
    gree makes really nice stuff and overall your install looks really good go me.

Post Likes
    That's GOOD TO ME

Post Likes
    Southwire makes a rubber coated mc cable that is designed for minisplits.

Tray Cable is a multi-conductor control, signal or power cable rated for 600 volts•
    May be installed in raceways, conduit, cable trays and outdoor locations wheresupported by a messenger wire
    • Also suitable for direct burial• Temperature rated at 75°C wet locations / 90°C dry locations

Unless you run in conduit from inside to outside it is not to code. Its called tray wire and cant be installed unless it lays in a tray system such as you find in factory automations. Just had inspector kick one job due to that. Granted that town is the only one around that does inforce it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123