Post Likes

Appion single oring VCRT

There were some posts a while back with some core tools not pulling cores and there was some discussion about the core getting stuck on the main oring and getting pulled out of the plunger.

Can't find them so figured I'd start a new one.

Had trouble pulling two cores the other day with both my single oring tools and neither was able to remove the valve core.

I slightly loosened the main system connection on both tools and they both removed the core no problem after that.

So the issue this time was definitely the oring squishing enough to not allow the core to pass.

Now if it was a overtightened connection or worn oring I don't know but I'll change them out with new orings and see if there's an improvement.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    I was in on those post as well. I think it was in a Hilmor post with their VCRT. I may have even started it.

I still have the issue with mine. I will say I am all but positive it is a squished o-ring, if you get the core in the groove. I guess tight enough is NOT all the way tight.
    Had the groove issue too.

Someone got told that via tech support, but I think Joey D. said that he thought that was bogus.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Well the squished oring issue isn't bogus IMO and it wasn't joeyd.

Post Likes
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    I have found the o ring to be the issue a few times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Yes that was it.

I didn't realize at the time all the different posters all confirming the same thing.

Wonder if they listened and worked on a fix this whole time or if it's still a silly explanation.

I did nothing different but loosen the connection and it worked this time when I was paying attention.

Post Likes
    I had the same problem. I had to loosen the core tool from the system, open the core tool, and the core blew out. I sent Appion an email and rec'd no response. I sent a PM to the appion guy on this forum and he nsaid he would look into it. Still no response. Make sure you use gloves if you have to loosen the tool.
    Doug