Thread: Charlotte, NC

Charlotte, NC

I am hoping to relocate from California to the Charlotte, NC area in about 2 years. Does anyone have any suggestions for good locations to live with good schools?

Also, I am currently the lead HVAC technician for a Pharmaceutical company. Does anyone know of good Pharmaceutical Companies in the Charlotte or surrounding area? I would prefer to stay in facilities maintenance, but I have 12 years in service, so that will be the back up plan if I am unable to find a facilities maintenance job.

Thanks...

yeah stay in california you dont want to live here,most pharm companies are in raleigh durham areaone in columbia S.C. that I know of.Ill swap with you,I would love to live in california you take my job & my house and Ill take yours if its paid for already of course.To answer your question the weddington and mathewsand union county areas are where you would look for good schools.Downtown and west charlotte you want to avoid.

The Sunshine

Heya just wanted to throw advice
    Charlotte, great area
    I used to work at Wachovia Bank in maintenance.
    If I were you I would try to get in. Plumbing is the facilities own crew and HVAC is the the facilities sub contractors.
    If you got experiance you should be OK.
    Dont bother with tech schools, I am an engineer, get on the job training, get someone to sign you off so you could test for your license. For example I live in and work in michigan and someone who has a boiler license has far more justification and rights over me even though I am the only "engineer" on staff.
    GET YOUR LICENSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by elvis66 View Post
    I am hoping to relocate from California to the Charlotte, NC area in about 2 years. Does anyone have any suggestions for good locations to live with good schools?

Also, I am currently the lead HVAC technician for a Pharmaceutical company. Does anyone know of good Pharmaceutical Companies in the Charlotte or surrounding area? I would prefer to stay in facilities maintenance, but I have 12 years in service, so that will be the back up plan if I am unable to find a facilities maintenance job.

Thanks...

the pharma companies are in the RDU ( raleigh/durham) area. the is one in clayton NC about 25 mins east of raliegh hiring an HVAC tech right now. saw the posting somewhere recently.

big difference from the west coast though. pay and life style...
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Yea, I have heard the Raleigh has a few pharma companies and will likely be looking in that area as well. I lived in Charlotte for a couple of years in the early 90's and still have a couple of friends there, so that is why I was considering Charlotte. I am not opposed to Raligh area though...[B][B]I just want to get out of California.

I know there will about a $10 an hour decrease in pay, but it will be worth it. I should hopefully be able to sell my home out here and pay cash for one out there. My current mortgage is $1700 a month...and I have it cheap compared to some, although I opted for the commute to save money on a house. It takes me an hour to get to work (although it is only about 40 miles away...got to love that California traffic.

Any particular area that anyone would recommend to live in the Raleigh area?

Standford NC has a Big plant also But The Raleigh Triangle has the most Pharm.
    If you help others then you are a Success

Talecris is who i am talking about. i looked tha add back up again today, it was bugging me. the job description is way over my head

the plant used to be bayer plant, then talecris toook it over.

most the pharm work and industrail stuff is on the eastern side of raligh (best of my knowledge) affordable living and driving an hour to go 40 miles would be living aroung the knightdale area. clayton is where the talecris is, which keeps you just east of raleigh and away from most of the traffic.

there is a new by-pass around greensboro, raleigh to charlotte is about 2hrs (or less) now, depending on time of day

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

I worked @ that beyer plant about 7 or 8 years ago doing some retrofit work if you dont like cali traffic you wont like raleigh either.

Quote Originally Posted by captinsano View Post
    I worked @ that beyer plant about 7 or 8 years ago doing some retrofit work if you dont like cali traffic you wont like raleigh either.
    i was thinking the same thing.

Heck I hate driving around there any time throughout the day/night. All the workers... then all the drinkers/partygoers!
    The Loop just sux
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

driving in any college town in NC is always interesting