+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carrier XT-RB port 1 comm issues

Post Likes

Carrier XT-RB port 1 comm issues

Balibe have you had an issue with the XT-RB not finding a connection on port 1. But switch to port 2 and finds and connects to controllers right away.
    Plug into comm 1 and the tx rx lights just alternate like there is nothing there. Comm port 2 blinks a few time then goes into full normal flashing.
    Do find devices on they are only found on port 2.
    Have you ran into this?
    I put in a ticket with a video but the response is unusually slow.

Lets not even talk set up. I have 7 of these in this building working. These 2 new ones I just got are doing this.

Thanks

Anyone see this on alc?

Post Likes
    We have not, these have been so reliable since they were released that we have not had to send one back for warranty yet.

What does a Modstat show? Any chance the S1 port is set for Arcnet (a Modstat will tell you)? Even if the config rotary looks to be set to "1" (ms/tp), change to "2" (arcnet) and then back (don't forget to power cycle).

What do the Net & Sys LED's do? They have a flash to a color to indicate status. The Net light should be green and solid. The Sys link should be green and flash 1. Look at page 37 of the install/startup document, there is a chart for these LED's.

If all looks good, the only thing I can suggest is to do a USB recovery (check your email). This will put the device back to a factory state as shipped with the driver version used. Try the latest driver for the recovery. The latest driver is drv_fwex_104-00-2263, just released 07/26/2021 which I have not used yet.

On a side note, not sure if the new driver version is the issue as you stated these two are new ones are an issue and the others work. They started shipping devices with drv_fwex_104-00-2263 in May 2021. There may be an issue with this driver update they are not aware of. You can also use the recovery process with an older driver like drv_fwex_103.06.2045 or drv_fwex_104-00-2249 to see if you have the same issue. I have both of these driver versions running on multiple sites with no issues.

Also make sure you have the latest cumulative patch applied to the server, based on the version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

Post Likes
    newest patch is in. I tried the 2045 driver also. Yes the rotary is correct. It does work on arc net though.
    Another thing is turn off end of network ( it is the end) and the lower tx rx light goes solid.
    the have been very reliable for sure.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in