Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Likes
    Looks good

Post Likes
    The Mounties cover Maine now too?

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    I hate those thank god CMP does not use them in Maine.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brand0ndparris View Post
    In Alabama, the state board of hvac knows only shady folks work out of unmarked vans for obvious reasons and proud business owners want their name everywhere. It has been illegal to work out of an unmarked van for about 10 years.

P.s. truly special people dont have to tell everyone how special they are...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    Our trucks are all white and unmarked. There’s only a few companies that mark their trucks and they are the “big” companies who’s strategy is to saturate the market with name recognition to get their phone to ring but do less than stellar work and have a high customer and employee turnover rate.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joeysmith View Post
    I'll check em out sometime. Never really had problems with the plaster blades. Just a 2 man operation. One guy cutting and one guy with the shop vac to suck up the dust while cutting.
    I usually have a guy with a cardboard box under the cut out and if it is pinned to the ceiling there is almost no dust at all. Even on plaster. With me cutting from the attic.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://hvac-talk.com/aop

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    Buy the diamond blade ones. They're relatively expensive ($7-9/blade) but they last a lot longer and make a cleaner cut. It helps to not crack the plaster too because it's like a hot knife through butter.

I've tried everything and the diamond blades are the way to go. Lennox brand.
    How do they work on lath and plaster? I have problems when cutting the lath and it shakes and cracks the plaster up to a foot away. If I can get neat a joist where the lath is mounted, I can keep the plaster from cracking.

I do prefer the plaster with with wire mesh much better.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://hvac-talk.com/aop

Post Likes
    Your uncalled for comments have nothing to do with this thread and my van is nicely marked thanks.
    and we have a few legit company's who don't letter the vans for the very reason they don't want to be bothered when off the clock and sorry my friend that is NOT illegal in the state of Maine.

Post Likes
    You are right they hired JT to do it right and take pride in it.
    Unlike the mouthy post above youre reply to my post.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joemach View Post
    How do they work on lath and plaster? I have problems when cutting the lath and it shakes and cracks the plaster up to a foot away. If I can get neat a joist where the lath is mounted, I can keep the plaster from cracking.

I do prefer the plaster with with wire mesh much better.
    Lath and plaster is hard no matter what you do but the diamond blades will cut through the wood lath it just wears out the blade quicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Heating/Cooling Services Inc.
    www.andersonhvacservice.com

Post Likes
    CMP is oure local power company mikey

Post Likes
    Thank you JT you proved my point and said it better then i did

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    Your uncalled for comments have nothing to do with this thread and my van is nicely marked thanks.
    and we have a few legit company's who don't letter the vans for the very reason they don't want to be bothered when off the clock and sorry my friend that is NOT illegal in the state of Maine.
    You said in post 17 as you were bragging about how much better and smarter than jt you are that you dont put ads on your vans and trucks. I simply stated it was illegal in Alabama and only the weekend warriors trying to avoid permits and inspections work from unmarked vans.

As a matter of fact your post that i was replying to didn't really have anything to do with this thread. It was really just you bragging.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

12. Likes jtrammel, HVAC_Marc liked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345