Post Likes

New to working in Jacksonville, Florida

Hi guys. I'm new to the site. I started in the HVAC field in 1999 at the age of 18. I have enjoyed my time in this field as much as you can at work. I have been plumbing, unfortunately, for the last year, but my company has just opened an Air Conditioning division, which I am to be the head of. In the field that is. My employer and I have a difference of opinion as to what constitutes "fair compensation". My question is this. What is the average hourly wage for a lead installer in Jacksonville? Also, what are some average piece rate prices for duct and equipment installation?

Thanks guys.

Post Likes
    Jacksonville might be one the better areas of Florida due to the Dept of the Army money

what exactly are you gong to be the "head" of ..??
    Yourself ..???

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by i.n.rem View Post
    Jacksonville might be one the better areas of Florida due to the Dept of the Army money

what exactly are you gong to be the "head" of ..??
    Yourself ..???
    Well, because the company consists of the owner, (my boss), me, and my helper (the owners son-in-law), i would say I'm the head of operations, in a way. I look at the potential jobs, do the load calcs and duct design, if needed. Bid the job if it isn't for a contractor with their own price list, and do the work.
    Last edited by Hvacguy1981; 09-17-2017 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Mis-spelled word.

Post Likes
    doesn't sound like You need the "boss" much, does it ..??
    sorry, I can not help on the wage rate as I do work for the Army
    but I certainly would hope the $20/hr range is approachable
    Florida sux for pay unless its .gov work
    and
    even then its low

Post Likes
    doesn't sound like You need the "boss" much, does it ..??
    sorry, I can not help on the wage rate as I do work for the Army
    but I certainly would hope the $20/hr range is approachable
    Florida sux for pay unless its .gov work
    and
    even then its low

Post Likes
    Didn't know lead installers do load calcs and bid jobs. If it were me I'd be in the $30hr+ range. Tho I'm not sure whatthe pay range is over there.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CEAS-AC-TECH View Post
    Didn't know lead installers do load calcs and bid jobs. If it were me I'd be in the $30hr+ range. Tho I'm not sure whatthe pay range is over there.

Typically we wouldn't. However, I'm fully capable of doing them, and since this company was started based solely on the premise that I could do everything except be my own help, I'm obligated. The frustration is that my boss is trying to take advantage and pay me in the high teens per hour. Because I only make $13/hr when I do plumbing for him (because I've only been plumbing for a year, he thinks I'll settle for what he's offering. But, he's sadly mistaken. I'd rather plumb for $13 than give him the breadth of my HVAC experience for what amounts to pennies, to me...

Post Likes
    Man if that's all FL has to offer a seasoned tech I'm gonna reconsider moving back.that sucks man.

Post Likes
    Wages in Florida suck period.
    due to the huge population of workers who are desperate for work and will work for s h i t wages
    a few actually make a good pay check