Post Likes

Bacharach Intech Probe Wire Orientation

Was having issues with my combustion analyzer not reading properly, popped the little yellow plug open and the wires were loose from the screw terminals. I see a '+' and a 'k' on each terminal, and I have a yellow and a red wire but I can't find any resource to tell me the correct orientation. The blades (that plug into the instrument) are sized so as to preserve orientation, so I don't want to guess and potentially cause some damage. Anyone able to pop theirs open and check the correct orientation, or know of a resource which shows the correct orientation?

Thanks,

-Kyo

Post Likes
    if they follow convention red is usually +
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"
    Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    I have a brain fart every time I replace them. I usually hook it up random, plug it into my temp meter and breathe on the probe. If the temp goes up your good to go, if it goes down it is backwards. It's 50/50 and inevitably it will be wrong most times

'The more you know, the more you realize you don't know'

Post Likes
    I e-mailed Bacharach, they responded so I figured I'd post the answer incase anyone else in the future is in the same situation:

Thank you for using our InTech analyzer. The red wire should be connected to (-) terminal and Yellow should be at (+) terminal.

For further details, please feel free to review our how to video https://youtu.be/yfRsdzlCJyg .

Post Likes
    Red to negative,,,, that makes perfect sense......??? Thanks for the update

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kangaroogod View Post

What i was thinking, too...
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"
    Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    It does seem to be a convention for k type thermocouples - https://www.omega.ca/techref/colorcodes.html

8. Likes kangaroogod liked this post
    Post Likes
    I always end up putting it in reversed. Then everything I test is working at 100% efficiency!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kangaroogod View Post

Lennox did the same for their pressure switch tubing on at least one unit. When I brought up that "normally positive is red", they had no clue what I meant.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ