Thread: Mini Split, Pioneer brand

Post Likes

Mini Split, Pioneer brand

Hi, Yes I am not a A/C tec. Homeowner, and yes, i Installed, the correct procedure the new unit myself. Vaccuming lines, Electric voltage reduction and hanging bothe units. Inside has been no issues with water dripping until a week ago, Yearly i clean coils wich also cleans drain pan, line. But dripping is still occuring . Took inside unit cover off last night thing it was condensate line crack close to pan outlet, it is Not. But the rubber insulation on it (pan) at top is wet. The drain pan line is dry at outlet, dripping water is somewhere on upper right side below coils. Any ideas or information would be appreciated! This is 2 years old pioneer heat pump unit, No trouble till now. Thanks

Post Likes
    Well I'm surprised you have a water leak from the indoor unit when it's winter. It should only make condensate when it's running ac during the summer.

The water is coming from something. It just has to be found. You'll also need to verify the drain works by pouring some water down the back side of the coil and make sure the water drains outside. You may just have a negative slope on the drain which needs to be corrected.

Post Likes
    Have a tech come out and find and fix the refrigerant leak you have. And the water leak won't happen anymore.

Post Likes
    Thanks for some info, i did clean coils while looking for leak, the coil cleaner did come out the drain line outside, but maybe it wasn't enough volume. Ill try pouring a cup of water on top coils today. Thanks for input.

Post Likes
    I didn't think of refrigerant leak, thanks for info. Mark

6. Likes beenthere liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I should have mentioned, I live in Central Florida, we get many days during winter months in 80 with hight humidity, like today its already in mid 70s & humid. Sorry, thanks for helping. Mark

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in