Post Likes

Replacement Thermostat Whalen RAB20U discontinued

Hello everyone!

My condominium Whalen RAB20U thermostat broke and I want to replace it. This model is discontinued and my association is charging astronomical prices for a replacement that they stocked up on before it got discontinued. My questions are:

What can I replace this discontinued thermostat with? Possibly a new model or a digital model? Any ideas would help tremendously. Thank you.

Post Likes
    without knowing the voltage the thermostat is using it will be difficult to recommend a replacement.
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Jtrammel - "I’m going to sell hvac systems derp derp derp"
    BBeerme - "every time he opens his mouth, he reminds me of a cow without the fart bag."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    without knowing the voltage the thermostat is using it will be difficult to recommend a replacement.
    Sorry...
    120VAC,277VAC
    50/60Hz

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry87x View Post
    Sorry...
    120VAC,277VAC
    50/60Hz
    it's not both. since you dont know, you should really call a tech. there are line voltage programmable thermostats available. guessing wrong causes a fire.
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Jtrammel - "I’m going to sell hvac systems derp derp derp"
    BBeerme - "every time he opens his mouth, he reminds me of a cow without the fart bag."