Post Likes

Old GE Zoneline 2100 PTAC Question

We have numerous units of this model, probably 40 or so. Almost all have problems with the motor that drives the front fan, understandable since they are pushing 20 years old and the front fan runs in all modes. The problem I have is this: how do you get the squirrel cage fan off the shaft? The squirrel cage has a setscrew that rests on a flatted spot on the fan motor shaft. That shaft tho has a threaded end, and it *appears* that the hub of the squirrel cage has 3 small threaded holes 120* apart, maybe an inch from the shaft. Is a miniature puller needed to get it off? I know these really aren't worth fixing as the fan motor runs ~$-$, but I'd like to know how they are supposed to come off. I experimented with one that had other problems and wound up destroying the fan trying to get it off the shaft. Maybe let it soak with PB Blaster overnight? Heat?

Help!
    Last edited by beenthere; 09-13-2017 at 05:29 AM.

Post Likes
    Please, not all at once... it's impossible to sort through this mountainous wealth of information and replies w/o a team of speed-readers.

GE: "We bring good things to life"

then it became

"Imagination at work".

Yep, I'm imagining a way to remove these fan wheels without a Mini-Gun. What was GE's slogan then? If it moves, kill it? If it doesn't move, shoot it to ensure it never does?

Post Likes
    replace the fan blade and motor at the same time
    Go Trump