Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooty View Post
    Our supply house sends our units off to an independent lab for calibration and it runs around $90/per and they are back within the week. The sensors are all extra if they need to be replaced but if the sensors are no good they had to be replaced anyway. Calibration is just the cost of doing business and if your unit isn't calibrated right what good are your measurements?
    Is cheaper to buy the bottles and calibrate it oneself.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    Is cheaper to buy the bottles and calibrate it oneself.
    Are you asking or telling?
    I thought about that but I think you would want to get certified (somehow) too. Imagine you're getting called to court to testify regarding a CO death or a fire, and your testimony is going to be that you left the unit operating correctly and here's the printout. The next question is probably going to be, "...Can you provide proof of certification of the instrument? That question comes up probably in every case where an instrument is involved-including radar guns, police car speedometers (for speeding tickets) etc.
    "Sometimes what's right is what's left after you do everything wrong"--Robin Williams

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    I thought about that but I think you would want to get certified (somehow) too. Imagine you're getting called to court to testify regarding a CO death or a fire, and your testimony is going to be that you left the unit operating correctly and here's the printout. The next question is probably going to be, "...Can you provide proof of certification of the instrument? That question comes up probably in every case where an instrument is involved-including radar guns, police car speedometers (for speeding tickets) etc.
    In California where there are state mandated NOX emission limits, one can calibrate his own analyzer without any restrains,. If you get pinned for a CO death doesn't matter where your instrument was calibrate, bet your a$$ them lawyers are gonna make you pay.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    AND
    the proper Answer to that question, assuming that this is a Depostion,
    "Please consult with the Manufacturer"

then add:
    what Evidence has been presented to the Court that this said Instrument might be defective, and the proximate cause of the incident ..??
    what Statute requires some Certification ..??

best Defense is "standard trade practices"

Many things may happen to Equipment after one leaves a job

Post Likes
    With multiple units you might consider units that are field serviceable. That's what we do with our ECOM units. Saves us money and then some on the servicing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12