Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wreakingHaVAC View Post
    I've not heard of this before.... but sounds like a decent idea, if parts are available, and it doesn't cost the customer too much extra.
    Usually the extra cost is minimal. Can't be more than 6-7% of the total cost. I think it is just as a PR thing, we do not want to do the compressor and then go tell the customer they now need a reversing valve and we must recover all the gas again, etc, etc. If we are already into the unit with all the tools etc. at the unit, we think it is best to do it. Especially if it was a burnout. There is no question there. Also no question if you would need to remove the compressor to change the RV, it gets changed.

Post Likes
    To all who posted a reply with thoughts, hints, ideas and help I say thank you. I fixed the problem last week, I am gold! When I received the TXV I went through procedure and got it installed, checked both check valves while I was in it and they was good. After all that I made it to the point to test it and turns out the TXV didn't fix it, low side still pumped down. Therefore I bypassed the low pressure control (jumped) long enough to get some temperatures and trace, when I made it to the blower side I immediately saw ice on orifice header and ambient temp on liquid line where the hex screws to it and realized BULLSEYE, lol. PULLED REFRIGERANT, AGAIN, opened it up and found a few pieces of black plastic inside, one piece lodged and stuck dead center, relief. Blew everything out really good with nitrogen of course, put back together and pressurized for a while, pulled vacuum, a good long one, weighed in refrigerant, ran fine. Some may ask why each circuit has 2 check valves, most may know but its because the proper amount of refrigerant canT travel through one, just FYI. Valuable lessons learned, and a few tricks, no doubt it got me faster with procedure, lol. Thanks again folks.

3. Likes Push It liked this post
    Post Likes
    Glad to hear you got your problem fixed! Sounds like you got some good experience with this call.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345