Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MA Job Outlook

Utica man, most union shops are closed down as far as new guys, if you have your oil techs certificate of competency, there is some shops on craigslist looking for techs for clean and tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by fallguy View Post
    I go to Porter and Chester out in Westboro, Ma. I have been a graigslist looking for jobs too. It's ok I did get one interview out of the deal. Didnt get the job though. I just wanted to say alot of the ads that are just trying to get your email address. I just try to stick with the ads that have phone #'s. Have you guys had any luck? I am still looking. Does Peterson have placement?
    I just recently Graduated from Porter & Chester of Westborough MA, I am EPA universal and OSHA 10 certified, and have 4 years maintenance background.. The one thing that stinks about the school is they dont help place you in a job just help with resume!! Yea i think craigslist is a waste of time i have contacted over 12 hvac companys and not one response, and i contacted each over 2 time! So far to say some are scams to get info and such,
    I will still keep my eye out there looking for work!!
    Last edited by murphymanHVAC; 05-27-2009 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Spelling error

If you help others then you are a Success

Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    Thanks bud, Any help is great!! Yea i had looked across that site before and applied to a few jobs still nothing back yet, might have to go re-apply!

Quote Originally Posted by murphymanHVAC View Post
    Thanks bud, Any help is great!! Yea i had looked across that site before and applied to a few jobs still nothing back yet, might have to go re-apply!
    Why don't you post your Resume here and we can give you some Ideas.

Stop in about every 2 weeks or so bring coffee or food so they'er happy to se you ask if they have anything yet if not return in 2 weeks.
    One guy we hired did this every 2 weeks bringing in something small (cookies, cake coffee etc... we hire him because he show drive. Was a good hire. Right know your resumne is in a stack with other's put a name and face together.

Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    Why don't you post your Resume here and we can give you some Ideas.
    50 Summerhill Avenue
    Worcester, MA 01606
    Phone 508-595-???? blocked for spam
    Mobile 508-735-???? blocked for spam
    Andrew Murphy
    Objective To obtain a position in the HVAC/R field using the skills and education gained through the program at Porter and Chester Institute. Installation – Maintenance – Apprenticeship -
    Education 10/07- 4/09 Porter and Chester Institute Westborough, MA
    HVAC/R Technology
     The operating and repair of heating equipment including gas, oil, air and hydronic systems.
     Electrical fundamentals pertaining to: series and distribution, 3 phase, schematics, wiring, trouble-shooting, and multi meter use.
     The operation and repair of refrigeration/air conditioning equipment: refrigeration fundamentals, service practices, EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification program.
     Problem diagnosis of HVAC/R systems and equipment.
     The practical application of compressors, condensers, metering devices, and evaporators.
     Soldering and brazing techniques as they relate to the industry.
    8/01-5/05 Burncoat High School Worcester, MA
    General Studies
     High School Diploma
    Certification EPA Universal Certification, OSHA 10 Certification
    Work experience 1/05-Present Shrewsbury Crossings Shrewsbury, MA
    Maintenance/Housekeeping
     Maintenance responsibilities including:
     Remodeling and painting resident’s rooms. Complete turn overs
     Repairing appliances in resident’s rooms, in building.
     General maintenance as required.
     Housekeeping responsibilities including:
     Responsible for trash pick up and removal.
     Vacuuming and cleaning of public areas and resident’s rooms.
     Keeping hallways and common areas neat and clean at all times.
     Setting up and breaking down for special events.
    2/04-5/04 Shrewsbury Nursing Home Shrewsbury, MA
    Kitchen Server
     Preparing food trays for residents.
     Cleaning dishes and maintaining a safe and clean work area.
     Performed related duties as directed by the supervisor.
    References available upon request.

Make the Objective Real and messureable EX To Get my Nate with in a year of Empolyment. "that or some thing like that will get me reading. Pluse it Or RSES will (whcih is good for you to Joint and Network for a Job) I will aslo cause a Hit if a Computer is scaning your resumue

I don't care about your Houskekeeing duties IF ANY THING IT MAKES YOU SOUND LIKE A JANITOR. JMO

List What you do with HVAC-R If you don't do it GO tell your boss you want to start doing as much as possible.

Two lines Max for Kitchen.

And lose the Housekeeing.

Your Back ground is'nt bad for a new grad.
    Get the NATE in as goal and Join RSES those to Orginaztion will catch the eye.

Your resume is killing

Ok i did so edit my resume, and had also look up info for NATE, and looked into joining RSES.
    thanks for your help, I greatly appreciate it!! I had my own copy of my resume before, but the one i submited earlyer today to you was the one after i gave all my info to placement person at my school and thats what he ended up with! not saying mine was better but thats what he suggested i should include.
    Well i will keep my eye out for work, i just was on jobclub.com looked which was also refered to my by FALLGUY here on HVAC talk i Had HVAC class with him.

try these

hvacagent.com
    mepatwork.com

If you can relocate, go to where the work is.

I am an Instructor at P&C in Chicopee, your job placement person should be doing more than just your resume!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tooldoc View Post
    hvacagent.com
    mepatwork.com

If you can relocate, go to where the work is.

I am an Instructor at P&C in Chicopee, your job placement person should be doing more than just your resume!!!!!!
    He had called me 2 times since i graduated one time telling me about a posistion open for entry level, and i called the day after he told me but it had gotten filled, and im sure he told a few other of the students at my school also. then he called back a few weeks later asking if the ever called me back, told him it go filled the next day, other than that not much from him, for some resson they dont place people in the field right around grautation im sure that would help alot of us that graduated from P&C! thanks for the websites i am a member of hvacagent already and will check the other site thanks a bunch
    i wish i could afford to relocate and i would definutly do that!

Quote Originally Posted by murphymanHVAC View Post
    OK i did so edit my resume, and had also look up info for NATE, and looked into joining RSES.
    thanks for your help, I greatly appreciate it!! I had my own copy of my resume before, but the one i submitted earlier today to you was the one after i gave all my info to placement person at my school and thats what he ended up with! not saying mine was better but thats what he suggested i should include.
    Well i will keep my eye out for work, i just was on jobclub.com looked which was also refereed to my by FALLGUY here on HVAC talk i Had HVAC class with him.
    Sorry if I was being tough on you I think you have a good base.

A good goal is one that make you stand out one that I can be measured of is an a objective I Can see it done and one that makes me say he has good good goal. That the Guy I want. IE interest in NATE, RSES,ICE etc.

Let us know how it going. And we'd like to seen your revision.

50 Summerhill Avenue
    Worcester, MA 01606
    Phone 508-595-9702
    Mobile 508-735-9056

Andrew Murphy
    Objective : ~To obtain a position in the HVAC/R field using the skills and education gained through the program at Porter and Chester Institute.
    ~To get my North American Technician Excellence with in a year of employment.

Education 10/07- 4/09 Porter and Chester Institute Westborough, MA
    HVAC/R Technology
     The operating and repair of heating equipment including gas, oil, air and hydronic systems.
     Electrical fundamentals pertaining to: series and distribution, 3 phase, schematics, wiring, trouble-shooting, and multi meter use.
     The operation and repair of refrigeration/air conditioning equipment: refrigeration fundamentals, service practices, EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification program.
     Problem diagnosis of HVAC/R systems and equipment.
     The practical application of compressors, condensers, metering devices, and evaporators.
     Soldering and brazing techniques as they relate to the industry.
    8/01-5/05 Burncoat High School Worcester, MA
    General Studies
     High School Diploma

Certification EPA Universal Certification, OSHA 10

Work experience 1/05 to Present Shrewsbury Crossings Shrewsbury, MA
    Maintenance
     Maintenance responsibilities including:
     Remodeling and painting resident’s rooms.
     Repairing appliances in resident’s rooms.
     General maintenance as required.
     Setting up and breaking down for special events.
     Responsible for trash pick up and removal.
     Complete cleaning of resident’s rooms.
     Keeping hallways and common areas neat and clean at all times.

Reference: upon request

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast