Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MA Job Outlook

MA Job Outlook

Hi guys. I've been lurking on these boards for a while, this is a great site. This is my first time posting though, and I don't mean to waste anyones time. I was just wondering if anyone in Massachusetts can tell me what the job situation is like here. I graduated from a trade school last August and have been looking for just an entry level job and can't find one at all. Are things slow here right now because of the economy and if so, are things gonna pick up anytime soon. I really want to get into this field, but am having a really hard time just breaking in. Is it me or is it just a bad time for the industry right now ?

I don't Know about MA but can say Senior tech are getting laid off most everywhere.

If your open/able to relocate I would open your Job search to were the Job are and that maybe out of state.

Good Luck
    If you help others then you are a Success

Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    I don't Know about MA but can say Senior tech are getting laid off most everywhere.

If your open/able to relocate I would open your Job search to were the Job are and that maybe out of state.

Good Luck
    Is it the same in Raleigh FCS? It is east!
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

Mostly Service work is left.

Supply Houses here are describing equipment sales as "flat" but still selling parts for repair work, as one guy put it the cheaper part the faster it moves.

How about your area
    If you help others then you are a Success

It's slow,tough time for a newbie, you might get an apprenticeship or helper position in some small company, or maybe in house maintenance.

Good luck.

your not wasting our time......if you get a lead on your situation.i worked with a guy who was with these guys based out of the NYC area,and was a driving fool into PA,NJ,CT,RI.but was always busy.they do a load of national contracts/accounts, and might be in the market for a new guy for just filters and belts{in a van}and helping out others on jobs up there. give them a call http://www.twhvac.com/about-service-area.php
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    Mostly Service work is left.

Supply Houses here are describing equipment sales as "flat" but still selling parts for repair work, as one guy put it the cheaper part the faster it moves.

How about your area
    About the same. Boss laid all but the last install crew off... was going to lay them off but replacements picked up. Back to 2 install crews now. We still have the 3 of us techs. Hrs are still fluctuating. Had 36 last week... about the same so far this week. Homeowners will be opening up shortly and it should pick up for service. (I hope). I need a change!
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it. Mlstark, I noticed your in Quincy. I also live in Quincy. Do you know anyone around here that ususally would hire helpers or apprentices. I already applied to 537 and local 17, and pretty much know I have no shot of getting in either this year. It seems everyone around here will only hire people with exerience, and I don't blame them.

UticaMan, What school did you attend??

I went To RETS Technical Center for HVAC/R and I also took an oil burner course at the Peterson School in Westwood.

i saw some job were posted at peterson school website...
    BTW I am a student in baystate...

I am beginning Peterson at the end of the month in Westwood. Looking forward to it.

Uticaman, what did you think of the school?
    Also, check out Craigslist. There always seems to be something popping up in the area on it. Spring and summer are nearing, so there should be more jobs popping up. However, with the economy, one can only guess.

hey guys

I go to Porter and Chester out in Westboro, Ma. I have been a graigslist looking for jobs too. It's ok I did get one interview out of the deal. Didnt get the job though. I just wanted to say alot of the ads that are just trying to get your email address. I just try to stick with the ads that have phone #'s. Have you guys had any luck? I am still looking. Does Peterson have placement?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast