Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

ZoomLock vs. Brazing

Connecting the new Parker ZoomLock flame-free refrigerant fitting versus brazing can give you up to 77% time savings on the larger fitting sizes. Parker ZoomLock flame-free refrigerant fittings are specially designed to work without brazing, which automatically makes your job simpler and faster when joining copper tubes. Using specially designed crimping tools, just connect the properly prepped tube ends into the fitting (which has O-rings inside), and press the assembly into place for a secure, leak-free seal. In addition, it requires very little prep time, no adhesives, no heat, just the crimping tool and the fitting.

Talk to your local Sporlan Authorized Wholesaler or Parker Distributor about the new Parker ZoomLock Flame-Free Refrigerant Fittings.

Post Likes
    I prefer one tool over two... just my $.02 ..

3. Likes lkapigian liked this post
    Post Likes
    Your very little prep time applies to hard drawn tubing, what's the prep time if using soft drawn and why not show the prep for soft drawn in a video. All I see is prep for hard drawn tubing on your web-site.

5. Likes HeatenCoolair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Bump....any comments about questions raised from post #3

7. Likes lkapigian liked this post
    Post Likes
    i wouldnt be caught dead pressing soft tubing.
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"
    Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

9. Likes lkapigian liked this post
    Post Likes
    Probably a dumb question but why did the manufacturers shy away from flared lineset connections? I just removed a very old carrier with flares on each end and filter drier and customer says never needed refrigerant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes lkapigian liked this post
    Post Likes
    Good question. Maybe its because it's hard to justify charging $6000 for a flaring set and $59 for a flare fitting.

Post Likes
    It seems pretty foolproof. I wasn't sure if the higher psi of 410a equipment was the issue, but they seem to work well with proper installation on mini splits tx valves etc.

No heat issues no torches and easy repairs and maintenance. Seems like it would be the way to go. Only other thing I could think of is they made it a lot easier to steal equipment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joey View Post
    Bump....any comments about questions raised from post #3
    Check out ZoomLock Catalog K-1 Page 5. Answers all the questions about approved copper.
    http://sporlanonline.com/literature/...1_ZoomLock.pdf

Post Likes
    while approved, IMHO it's crazy talk to use this on soft copper that can shift or vibrate.
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"
    Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    Stay Brite 8 fast and easy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

17. Likes HVAC_Marc, Bazooka Joey liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty hvac View Post
    Stay Brite 8 fast and easy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Glad to see you're still around. Id happily take another misdialed call

19. Likes qwerty hvac liked this post
    Post Likes
    Overall I've been happy with my Zoomlock tool that I bought at an auction of 1/7 what they cost new. I've probably pressed a hundred or so fittings and they have all held. However, I'm looking forward to seeing how Comex will compare in cost. It looks like you won't need another press tool because it uses the Propress tool.

BTW your post looks just like an advertisement. Was there something new you wanted to discuss?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast