+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Daiken - remote controls ?

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes

Daiken - remote controls ?

Some years ago (at least five I think) I installed a 4 head / single condensing unit Daiken system. Each head had a hand-held remote to operate it. Are all the remotes the same?

Will one for a present version remote work to control a five year old head?

I am 1500 miles from the job site and no numbers can be furnished to me for some friggin reason. Can I just send them ant Daiken remote and it will work? Or are they system or version or revision specific?
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    Post Likes
    OK, I had a second tea (a really Excellent English Breakfast Tea - Harney & Sons) and I guess my brain accidentally slipped into gear or something.

Because after a while I thought to call the vendor who sold me the equipment and have them look up the original order. That had the model numbers so they could order me the new remote. Which Daiken is Very Proud of apparently. <g>

Maybe I'll have another tea now - can't be too careful with these things. <g>

PHM
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Some years ago (at least five I think) I installed a 4 head / single condensing unit Daiken system. Each head had a hand-held remote to operate it. Are all the remotes the same?

Will one for a present version remote work to control a five year old head?

I am 1500 miles from the job site and no numbers can be furnished to me for some friggin reason. Can I just send them ant Daiken remote and it will work? Or are they system or version or revision specific?
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

3. Likes Juan Madera, beenthere liked this post.
    R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    OK, I had a second tea (a really Excellent English Breakfast Tea - Harney & Sons) and I guess my brain accidentally slipped into gear or something.

Because after a while I thought to call the vendor who sold me the equipment and have them look up the original order. That had the model numbers so they could order me the new remote. Which Daiken is Very Proud of apparently. <g>

Maybe I'll have another tea now - can't be too careful with these things. <g>

PHM
    -----------------
    Can't think without the tea. I drink Lipton loose leaf a quart every morning with milk and sugar.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    You owe it to yourself to try the one I listed. Nothing else in the US is even half as good and I researched for years looking.

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    Can't think without the tea. I drink Lipton loose leaf a quart every morning with milk and sugar.

PHM
    --------

Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    You owe it to yourself to try the one I listed. Nothing else in the US is even half as good and I researched for years looking.

PHM
    --------
    Where do you get it?

I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.

Post Likes
    Where do you get it?

It appears target stocks a few flavors I’ve never heard or tried this. Looks to be available from their site or amazon as well
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    I just looked it up and it looks like I can order direct from harney & sons. I'm going to have to try it my wife and I both love tea.

Post Likes
    I used to order it from Harney directly but now I just have Amazon send it to me where ever I am.

https://www.harney.com/collections/a...t=Brand%20Name

Whew! That is SOME link, eh?

PHM
    --------------

Where do you get it? [/QUOTE]
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    Do you like any of their other teas?

Post Likes
    Well; I did Dis-like any of the ones I tried. <g> But I am mostly looking for a great tasting black full-bodied tea which is never bitter or acidic. Even if I am out of milk. <g>

PHM
    -------

Do you like any of their other teas?

PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    Well; I did Dis-like any of the ones I tried. <g> But I am mostly looking for a great tasting black full-bodied tea which is never bitter or acidic. Even if I am out of milk. <g>

PHM
    -------
    That is a perfect description of what I like.

Post Likes
    There are universal remotes out there.
    About like the universal TV remotes.
    They work but sometimes not quite the same.
    Way cheaper than OEM though

Post Likes
    Wow; what a difference a word makes! I thought I had written:

"Well; I didn't Dis-like any of the ones I tried." <g>"

PHM

----------

PHM
    -------
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    might have to relabel this thread "fav teas" lol. I see PHMike name and i'm usually like, he usually has some unique hvac ideas and knowledge so i open up to see what he has to say. I'll send you some coffee there bud, we will have you up and rollin in no time. 😁 I don't know if a good tea will flood my condenser.

Post Likes
    You should try Fortnum and Mason tea. Best I have ever had.
    I used to order it from Harney directly but now I just have Amazon send it to me where ever I am.

https://www.harney.com/collections/a...t=Brand%20Name Where do you get it?
    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I love coffee. And so far I think La Columbe makes the very best. I love the smell of good coffee. I love the taste of good coffee, In fact; I love everything about coffee.

But I found by lengthy experimentation that I should not drink coffee.

I used to do this: Coffee with breakfast. And maybe stop for a 20 ouncer if the first job was a ways away. Coffee at 10:00A if I was on that kind of job. Maybe a coffee with lunch, and then possibly a coffee at 2:30P. Of course on an all-nighter or all-weekender something; a few more coffees.

After about six-eight weeks I would feel, well; not sick exactly - but kind of run-down, burned-out maybe, not sick; but sort of not-great. 'on the verge of a cold' kind of feeling. I would tolerate that for a week or two before getting annoyed. Then I would get out the vegetable juicer and drink fresh vegetable juice (mostly carrot and apple but some others sometimes) twice a day, go to bed an hour earlier, and generally go on a 'health regimen'. No junk food, no coffee, no alcohol, no late nights, back in the gym consistently, etc.

And in about two-three weeks of that I would feel about like a brand new superman. And just as soon as I did I would think: Damn; think I'll have a big coffee! And I would gradually go back to my I-sure-do-love-coffee! ways.

And . . . . after about six-eight weeks of that I would feel, well; not sick exactly - but kind of run-down, burned-out maybe, not sick; but sort of not-great. 'on the verge of a cold' kind of feeling. I would feel somewhat badly for a week or two - and then go back to my 'I want to feel better' routine.

I did that up/down cycle for Years until one day I said: What a minute here. I like feeling great and I do not like feeling like sh!t. Maybe I'll just stick with what works and stop doing what effs me up from now on.

So I started eliminating and then adding-back one thing at a time and eventually found that it was coffee. I don't know what it does; maybe it depletes vitamins or other nutrients? I don't know but the long term effects are unmistakable - for me. YMMV. And it's not the caffeine - I experimented with no-doz and the like and was fine with it. Even a cup or two per day is too much for me. And despite my cast iron grade Will Power - in the case of coffee I find I can resist anything - except temptation. <g>

Now I do not eat processed food. And I mean highly-processed - for example; I would eat a provolone but not a salami. No soft drinks - except very rarely in a mixed drink. <g> No junk foods, no standard-snack type foods. I eat a lot of fresh food, still use the juicer fairly often, etc. And I am never sick or even feeling like I might be 'getting sick'.

But like any junkie - the most I can do is to smell the coffee. <g>

If that ship ever comes in I am going to hire someone to get up an hour before I do. They will make a big pot of La Columbe coffee, fry some eggs in duck fat, and make a pound of some of really good bacon. (I'll have an air return in the kitchen <g>). I'll get up and smell all that for 15 minutes or so while I have tea. Then they will throw it all away and make me some oatmeal. <g>

PHM
    ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Andy88 View Post
    might have to relabel this thread "fav teas" lol. I see PHMike name and i'm usually like, he usually has some unique hvac ideas and knowledge so i open up to see what he has to say. I'll send you some coffee there bud, we will have you up and rollin in no time. �� I don't know if a good tea will flood my condenser.
    PHM
    --------

18. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes

PHM
    --------
    I finally ordered it and I will try it tomorrow! I am excited I haven't tried a new loose leaf tea in ages.

Post Likes
    So what did you think ?

I finally ordered it and I will try it tomorrow! I am excited I haven't tried a new loose leaf tea in ages.

PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    So what did you think ?
    Funny you should ask I was thinking about it 5 minutes ago and trying to remember where this post was.
    It is an excellent English breakfast. English breakfast is not my favorite I prefer pekoe black teabecause it has more of a natural sweetness to it. I generally buy what most people use as iced tea and drink it hot with milk and maybe some sugar.
    I'm going to try their pekoe black tea next and I'm sure it will be amazing. My wife loves English breakfast but unfortunately she can't process caffeine so she can't drink it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in