Pork Loin Bone In

Just finished eating part of a pork loin bone in that I cooked this evening. Cooked it like a prime rib. Rubbed with Lawry's and garlic salt @ 500* for 15 minutes then cooked at 350* till 150 inside temp. Great flavor, especially the rib portion. Side dish of brocolli and rice cooked in butter and chicken broth. Washed it down with some home brewed hard cider. Wow, only 8 more pounds left. Should have lunch covered for a few days. Talk about some good eats.
    Some people know the cost of everything but the value of nothing.

Good stuff.........

Good friend has one of the last butcher shop's around here.....

I have him cut the bone side off........

That's your real Baby back ribs....

Kroger has had boneless pork loins for $1.99 a pound, recently.....

The other white meat......

Good stuff...

"Value our Differences"

I walked into the butcher shop this afternoon and he suggested the pork loin. He basically fillet the loin off the ribs and fillet the tenderloin off the bones and tied it all back up. He said he appreciated the 6:00 am Sunday no questions asked service calls. Gave it to me for 1.99 a pound too. Last real butcher shop in the area as far as I know.
    Some people know the cost of everything but the value of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by mdharris68 View Post
    I walked into the butcher shop this afternoon and he suggested the pork loin. He basically fillet the loin off the ribs and fillet the tenderloin off the bones and tied it all back up. He said he appreciated the 6:00 am Sunday no questions asked service calls. Gave it to me for 1.99 a pound too. Last real butcher shop in the area as far as I know.

Nice to be appreciated huh? Had a customer put a 50 in my shirt pocket this mornin.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Jack you now sound like a stripper. Is there something you want to confess ?
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Had this really good stuff. Few weeks ago a friend cook up a wholly big chunck of roasted pork loin with wedges, poach tomatoes and baby carrots.

When my teeth sinked into the meat, all the meaty juice leaked into my mouthful and drips out. That was one helluva roast pork loin I ever tasted!! I still remembered those moments VERY clearly.