Post Likes

Residential Chillers

Looking for a residential chiller for a customer. Home has 220 1ph power and 8 ton total load requirement. Current split is 5 tons downstairs and 3 ton unit upstairs with two air handlers. Have seen chillking and mitsubishi but all seem to be 3ph power.
    thank you.

Post Likes
    MultiAqua I think might be single phase

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    If your house has nat. gas supplied there is a company called Robur (used to be Arkla-Servel) they still make absorber chillers even for the residential market.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by PortaChill View Post
    If your house has nat. gas supplied there is a company called Robur (used to be Arkla-Servel) they still make absorber chillers even for the residential market.
    Commercial-industrial absorbers are the least efficient chillers money can buy, wonder how the residential units compare efficiency wise, do they follow the same EER/SEER energy standards as any other residential AC unit?
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    Just curious why you want a residential chiller as opposed to 2 standard split systems?

Post Likes
    it doesn't really make any sense to use a chiller in a house for just 2 air handlers. I have a house that has a 20 ton dun ham bush chiller it is 3 phase but they have more than 12 air handlers.

Post Likes
    I am just going off the thread title... I haven't worked on an Arkla-Servel unit since the late 80's however I remember being told that the gas companies in various regions during the 70's were really pushing these. They just had an A coil sitting on top of a upflow furnace with 3/4" rolled copper. Actually looked like a DX condensing unit somewhat...

Post Likes
    Sounds unnessicary

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I think the OP abandoned us....

Post Likes
    Sorry everyone, was not getting the notifications that there was traffic on my questions. Appreciate the responses! Chilled water system being considered so the system can be split from two air handlers to four given the southern exposure making back side of the house very hot up and downstairs. Also want to put a zone in the basement. Is there a split system that could accomplish this?
    thanks again.

Post Likes
    Two smaller single phase chillers, staged into a common buffer tank and possibly with outdoor reset...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by porrecge View Post
    Sorry everyone, was not getting the notifications that there was traffic on my questions. Appreciate the responses! Chilled water system being considered so the system can be split from two air handlers to four given the southern exposure making back side of the house very hot up and downstairs. Also want to put a zone in the basement. Is there a split system that could accomplish this?
    thanks again.
    yes there are split systems that could accomplish this. especially with the wave of inverter compressors that are pretty much the standard in the high end division of every manufacturer now in days.

Post Likes
    Thanks.
    Regarding Juan comment, what Brand chillers you recommend. I am looking at Multiaqua, but i ruled out the robur as i dont have gas supply there would have to burry a tank.

Regarding manny comments, what inverter compressors you recommend?

thanks both.