Post Likes

Residential Chillers

Looking for a residential chiller for a customer. Home has 220 1ph power and 8 ton total load requirement. Current split is 5 tons downstairs and 3 ton unit upstairs with two air handlers. Have seen chillking and mitsubishi but all seem to be 3ph power.
    thank you.

Post Likes
    MultiAqua I think might be single phase

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    If your house has nat. gas supplied there is a company called Robur (used to be Arkla-Servel) they still make absorber chillers even for the residential market.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by PortaChill View Post
    If your house has nat. gas supplied there is a company called Robur (used to be Arkla-Servel) they still make absorber chillers even for the residential market.
    Commercial-industrial absorbers are the least efficient chillers money can buy, wonder how the residential units compare efficiency wise, do they follow the same EER/SEER energy standards as any other residential AC unit?
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    Just curious why you want a residential chiller as opposed to 2 standard split systems?

Post Likes
    it doesn't really make any sense to use a chiller in a house for just 2 air handlers. I have a house that has a 20 ton dun ham bush chiller it is 3 phase but they have more than 12 air handlers.

Post Likes
    I am just going off the thread title... I haven't worked on an Arkla-Servel unit since the late 80's however I remember being told that the gas companies in various regions during the 70's were really pushing these. They just had an A coil sitting on top of a upflow furnace with 3/4" rolled copper. Actually looked like a DX condensing unit somewhat...

Post Likes
    Sounds unnessicary

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I think the OP abandoned us....