Post Likes

Cycles on and off every 10 secs after washing

Hello all--Just a quick question I live in AZ and today i took the garden hose and cleaned the coils on my outside unit it was soaked for sure.. Coils and all came out clean.. My question is after i was done i powered unit back up but it started to cycle on and off every 10 to 15 seconds strange--Only after i washed the unit with hose did this happen..

I waited about 1/2 hr everything dried up and bingo we are back in service..

My question is--What did the hose water do to the unit that rain doesnt do--We do get some hard down pours here around monsoon season and the unit runs flawless.. I did start cleaning the unit right after it had just turned off from a cooling cycle..

Any ideas! Working 100% now as it always did.. Thanks for any help Have an awesome weekend. Mark BTW unit is a Bryant about 7 years old.......

Post Likes
    maybe you got water in an electrical connection. maybe the refrigerant acted differently in a water logged coil and a high or low pressure safety was activated. Rain doesnt completely clog the coil fins.
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Jtrammel - "I’m going to sell hvac systems derp derp derp"
    BBeerme - "every time he opens his mouth, he reminds me of a cow without the fart bag."

3. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Sounds like it was cycling on it's low pressure switch until you left the condenser dry.

Your indoor air flow may be on the lower end of allowable.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

5. Likes lions_lair, udarrell liked this post
    Post Likes
    Possibly may want to consider installing a 5 minute off cycle time delay, or possibly your existing thermostat may have one built in that needs to be set...

Post Likes
    Thank you Everyone!! Have a great one...........

8. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Next time, cover the coils with cardboard to block air flow. I'll bet it won't cycle. Probably low on refrigerant.

Post Likes
    Low on Refrigerant ok i ll have that checked Thank you! The crazy thing is i live in AZ its always in the 100s and the air from vents is always cold even at say 110 degs out.. Check Yesterday air was comming out cold also i had a 15 Deg split between intake and output vents.. Thanks for the info....

Post Likes
    Dry AZ air has more cooling effect then milder florida when sprayed CU with water