Post Likes

It will never need to be serviced......

No need to ever get at the control board, service ports, contactor. Etc.

Climate master 5 ton WSHP. Can get the access panel off just far enough to see the unit is not flashing error codes.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    NICE.. looks like 40 percent of the units in my building.. nearly impossible access!!! But ya got to getter done!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    It's amazing how people sometimes take a piece of equipment, then put a building around it.... because I couldn't begin to think someone would've installed it like that!

Post Likes
    When it requires service ; start Friday evening when occupants leave and hope you are done by Monday morning when they return . A picture of the area below would really be nice . Desk , file cabinets and other objects probably in the way to safely work on system . Is there a water strainer in the pipping at the unit ? Were isolation valves installed ? If so are they ball valves with proper drain fittings ? GOOD LUCK !

5. Likes wreakingHaVAC liked this post
    Post Likes
    I dont know WSHPs but I do know water... are those black iron fittings?
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"
    Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Not a 9-5 business office. Open seven days a week, 7:30am to 9pm

Water strainer....not likely

Ball valves....lol......nope....cheap globe valves. Better than no valves I guess.

Actually remarkably spacious underneath as desk is along the wall and chairs have wheels. And it is not suspended 15 feet in the air. Only about 9 feet up.

The best part is whoever installed it actually wrote on the blower access panel to make sure they leave service access for the blower......which they actually did.

Actually had a unit in a different building last week. 25 year old Climatemaster WSHP. This one is the opposite. Tons of room at the control board panel. The blower panel is less than 1 inch from a massive concrete beam. Blower failed. Cannot get the panel off. Cannot even drop it half out of the ceiling because the fire sprinkler line still blocking blower access.

They got quoted a new unit. Not going to completely drop a 25 year old unit that I have no idea what other problems might be there and put it back up to have another failure 2 weeks later. They got their money's worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by CHILLERSVCMAN View Post
    When it requires service ; start Friday evening when occupants leave and hope you are done by Monday morning when they return . A picture of the area below would really be nice . Desk , file cabinets and other objects probably in the way to safely work on system . Is there a water strainer in the pipping at the unit ? Were isolation valves installed ? If so are they ball valves with proper drain fittings ? GOOD LUCK !

Post Likes
    Try changing a leaking KOAX or hot water generator heat exchanger on a vertical. (Always in a closet about 2" bigger than the unit, or up in an attic at the very back), all you have to do is remove the control panel, drop the charge, remove the compressor, connecting tubing all while laying on your belly (up-flow). Then you get to change the drier because you opened the system and the wonderful manufacturer gives you about 1" of copper on each side of the TXV.. It is FUN! But the engineers fit it all into this wonderful little cabinet! amazing.
    The best part is when you tell the customer how much it will cost to repair.. LOL

9. Likes BALloyd liked this post
    Post Likes
    Of course.....They are so Smart..S M R T

Idiots...Not hard to get brass
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    I dont know WSHPs but I do know water... are those black iron fittings?

11. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acfxr View Post
    Try changing a leaking KOAX or hot water generator heat exchanger on a vertical. (Always in a closet about 2" bigger than the unit, or up in an attic at the very back), all you have to do is remove the control panel, drop the charge, remove the compressor, connecting tubing all while laying on your belly (up-flow). Then you get to change the drier because you opened the system and the wonderful manufacturer gives you about 1" of copper on each side of the TXV.. It is FUN! But the engineers fit it all into this wonderful little cabinet! amazing.
    The best part is when you tell the customer how much it will cost to repair.. LOL
    that's why I don't care to work on geo units.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

Post Likes
    We used to cut holes in the panels to work on those things...... There is a building here that has concrete "joists"... and the units are hung up in between those joists usually with the control panel end inches away from a joist...... its dangerous just trying to troubleshoot one.

Best thing to do is find a mech room where you can get into the loop..... and make you a test stand....... jerk that beotch out of the ceiling and take it to the test bench.

I had one in a medical building here that the door was nearly impossible to get off...... because of all the piping and conduit and such you could get the door off.... but it was like a rubics cube..... you had about a million steps and they had to be done in order...

I took a big sharpie and wrote on the door of that one...... "ITS EVEN HARDER TO GET BACK ON".... lol
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

14. Likes wreakingHaVAC liked this post
    Post Likes
    I had an instructor that had a slideshow pic of a voodoo doll during class for all the engineers that decide where they go in the ceilings!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

Post Likes
    All buildings I've ever seen with wshps just suck when it comes to service access. Just bottom dwelling real estate with contracts going to loooowww bid mc. No coordination with bottom feeders. Just slam it in per drawings. And, drawings were made by low bid engineer.

Post Likes
    I thought they only did stuff like that in NYC?