Post Likes

Uniweld USMAN5 Digital Gauges any REVIEWS?

DO NOT WANT ANY BASHING, SHOULD OF, COULD OF, OR I WOULD OF

Simply put the facility I started working for is putting a serious effort into upgrading certain tools of the trade for me. I gave them a very long list of exactly what "I Suggest" are the tools of the trade to get out of the 1980's.

Not that I mind analog gauges and hand-me-down stuff. I thoroughly love the old school 120v powered refrigerant leak detectors and vacuum gauge. Can't believe their sensitivity and accuracy after so many years. It has been kind of nice to dust of my P/T charts and use a calculator.

The company was pretty proud that they committed to a number of tools for me and they did a pretty fine job of following my list, however, they are limited to certain established suppliers, just what it is in the corporate world. So special on-line orders form places like Trutech Tools and getting BluVac and other tools not yet carried by the places like RSD, Grainger, Johnstone, etc. is not happening.

I noticed on the list of items coming in that they ordered the Uniweld USMAN5 digital gauges and a set of FieldPiece SMANs.

Never heard of the USMAN5??

I searched the internet, youtube, and the forum here for any feedback on these Uniweld USMAN5 gauges and really can't find anything useful. I read the manuals on Uniweld site. I realize the main downside to these gauges is that you must use a cell app to read live SH and SC and get Temps from the attached probes. Not a major deal I guess in the real world, but being that I am not allowed a cellphone or pad of any kind in 90% of the facility is an issue. I do have a facility issued laptop for troubleshooting but, apps obviously are useless on these.

So does anyone own one, are they reliable, are they leakers, are they garbage, are they the next best thing, splashproof, robust, etc etc.....let me know.

AGAIN, IF YOU DO NOT OWN ONE OR HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH ONE, PLEASE MOVE ON TO ANOTHER THREAD!!

Post Likes
    FWIW Uniweld UVG micron gauge appears to be a micro bluvac

Post Likes
    Good to know, will drop a message to JoeyD to confirm. That will be nice if that is the case. Thanks iceman

Post Likes
    what kind of laptop are you allowed to carry? what OS? there may be options to allow you to run apps in a sandbox type of setup
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"
    Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    what kind of laptop are you allowed to carry? what OS? there may be options to allow you to run apps in a sandbox type of setup
    Windows Enterprise 7 on a Panasonic ToughBook 31. I would have to go through I.T. and have them download and figure things out, which would be next to impossible. Took 2 weeks to get Trane TechView approved and uploaded. So some off the wall app operating through some type of 3rd party software is not going to happen.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by slctech View Post
    Windows Enterprise 7 on a Panasonic ToughBook 31. I would have to go through I.T. and have them download and figure things out, which would be next to impossible. Took 2 weeks to get Trane TechView approved and uploaded. So some off the wall app operating through some type of 3rd party software is not going to happen.
    sorry to hear thought i'd put it out there if it might help.
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"
    Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    Did work at Lockheed. I feel your pain.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Post Likes
    You have the fieldpiece SMAN gear coming, so that should be sufficient. Sorry nothing to add about the uniweld gear. If Valdeloc comes along, Im pretty sure he has a Uniweld digital set up, but Im not sure its the same one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I'll probably put the Uniwelds through the wringer and see how they come out. Going to treat them with respect but still expect them to take some man loving, too. If no one chimes in, I'll be dropping back to this thread to update it with honest assessments. I just hoping there not like the Mastercool, Hilmore, Refco, and other wannabee digital gauges that take had major leaks, critical issues, inaccurate sensors, and blew up with a drop of water. I'll see.....If I had my way and this was a perfect world, Doug and Linda would be retiring with millions and I would have a few fresh sets of AK900s being shipped in.

Post Likes
    I own the Uniweld USMAN5, been using them for the last 3 months, I like them, haven't had any issues with the gauges, the app stopped functioning once, deleted and re-installed it and its been fine ever since.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    Thanks, valdelocc.