Post Likes

5ton Gam5 and TTR

Ripped out an old monstrosity. Installed new Gam5 with 3 phase 15kw heater and 5ton condenser. New refrigerant pipes and new duct work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I'm about to do four tam 9 air handlers. Never done one. Are these new trades nice?

Post Likes
    I've never seen a gam or tam return pulled in the side, I guess Trane allows it because of it being a positive pressure cabinet like a furnace?

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chippert View Post
    I've never seen a gam or tam return pulled in the side, I guess Trane allows it because of it being a positive pressure cabinet like a furnace?

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
    They sell a side return kit.

You can also do this on some slant coil air handlers

Post Likes
    They sell a side return kit.

You can also do this on some slant coil air handlers

Post Likes
    I like the larger surface area filter, where's the other filter? Nice touch withe the service ports. I feel like the supply ends more straight coming off the unit . Hard copper and 90s equal a lot of oxidation so im assuming you flowed nitro. I like to see clean outs in the drain and i probably would have eliminated the 3rd Ell by taking the horizontal all the way to the vertical befor i 90d over to the vertical and put a tee where you have a 90 looking down. Also the unit looks a little low in the pan. If it ever fills with water the bottom of your unit will be sitting in water. Overall as a service tech walking up to it for the first time, i would say pretty dang good install.

Post Likes

5ton Gam5 and TTR

Had 3 mechanics. One did piping. One did ductwork and the other did wiring/misc.

Wanted to raise it more out of the pan but would have messed up the supply coming off the unit. All the fittings have vanes in them.

The return on the right goes behind the unit and ties back in after the filter.

Purged with the vn-500 while brazing

Filter is a 20x25x4