Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    There was a thread a while back...
    Some of the 'bargain brands'... may loose the 10 year parts warranty...

Be interesting to see how this shakes out...

I suspect the manufacturers are gonna play games trying to maximize profits... and as usual us contractors are gonna have to explain it to the customers.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Got a web-site flyer recently from Robinson Supply giving prices for GMC VSX models ( still has a 10/10 warranty as far as I know and certainly a bargain brand model ) the website said for a certain amount more ( minimal amount ) you can upgrade to a Goodman with better value and warranty. Only thing comes to mind is you can purchase the extended labor warranty with the Goodman whereas the GMC you can not, and as far as value guessing the Goodman probably has a pressure(s) control.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ngore152 View Post
    When you look on Upgnet under the warranty section there is a stoplight once you enter the serial number. York's new policy is once a unit has had two warranty claims the unit goes into a Yellow Light at which point the technician must perform a critical readings sheet before any new warranty parts can be approved. It doesn't matter which part. I have a 8 year old package hp that has had a capacitor and a condenser fan motor replaced back in 12, the evaporator coil just developed a leak and they would not allow me to get a replacement coil without a sheet. I had to pay for the coil, install it, fill out the critical readings sheet and once they "bless it" I will be reimbursed. I told them I would understand if it was say on its third blower motor or something like that, but completely unrelated repairs are ridiculous.
    I've always filled out a start up sheet on installs so I guess that's why I've never heard of it. We've been York dealers since 1980 so they don't really give us a hard time. Well technically Coleman dealers now because we had a falling out with our York distributer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123