Post Likes

New system install

Hello everyone I have a question. I previously had a 10 Seer trane system that will blow the roof off as far as for as from the duct was told that I needed a new system so I bought a 2 1/2 ton 15 seer carrier the installers couldn't fit the air handler in the space of the old air handler because the new one was bigger so instead of using the old Plenum they ran a 16 inch flex duck to my exchange box and now none of the vents have the same force that it wants had even though I was told that this new unit will be stronger and more energy efficient. So now since the 16 inch flex duck is installed the exchange box is leaning and it doesn't seem like I have the airflow needed for to work properly mind you I have a two-story home with A two zone system and all I have is two ducks downstairs in five upstairs so when the dampers Open for the downstairs you would have extreme force but it wouldn't take long to cool so was this done right

Post Likes
    that's not the proper way to do it. any air handler should have plenum for proper static pressure. Was your equipment bought by you or the contractor? some pictures would help too.

Post Likes
    BTW this should be in aop section.