Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Coleman
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Quote Originally Posted by twilli3967 View Post
    Coleman
    Care to expand?

here's my .02 :

http://www.residential.carrier.com/p...finity80.shtml

Variable speed blower, 2 stage operation, a very quiet furnace.

I just realized I think the carrier furnace starts @ 66k but input. Try this one:

http://www.goodmanmfg.com/Home/Produ...4/Default.aspx

Some may try to tell you that Goodman equipment is "junk" but my personal opinion is that any equipment installed incorrectly in a tract home context is going to get bad cred. Right now Goodman's continuing to raise the bar as far as parts warranty, thats got to mean something (or its great marketing). Proper installation is everything!

Quote Originally Posted by milicz View Post
    Care to expand?

Twilli says sure

Coleman
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

do you have pvc pipe venting? if not this will be an issue in a condo.

Quote Originally Posted by twilli3967 View Post
    Twilli says sure

Coleman
    Mr. Bill sure like his new quite Coleman Infinity 100% furnace Twilli installed. He also like them there nice fadangled things that close of the air to my room and let it blow colder into Sharon Jeans room, by the way Sharon Jean liked Twilli she thought he was cute, Mr. Bill ask Twilli please...
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by tinner73 View Post
    do you have pvc pipe venting? if not this will be an issue in a condo.
    I'm on the top floor and we will be venting directly to the roof.

I'm biased toward Carrier, then American Standard - but the rheem mod sounds pretty cool.

You might want to get the furnace with the lowest low stage and lowest fan speed.

CARRIER 96 40mbtu:
    Size Input Hi/Lo** Output Hi/Lo** Media
    Cabinet
    Supplied Casing
    Width
    (in.) Heating CFM
    High/Low Cooling CFM
    @ 0.5 ESP Motor HP
    Type Approx
    Ship
    Weight
    (lbs)
    040-14 40,000/ 26,000 37,000/ 25,000 24 24 1/2 780/565 1400 1/2 Variable Speed 231

I like the ICS but you don't likely need the 3rd stage. But the 60 ICS does go down to 22mbtu/410cfm (can't even tell when my girlfriends is running - 900 sf house) and the 40 96% only goes to 25mbtu/565cfm.

Lower is better.
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

Quote Originally Posted by progressive View Post
    The Rheem Mod 90 has a lot of adjustment on blower speed and with the matching thermostat will modulate the gas output. I do not have the exact btu output in front of me but I believe that it will go as low as 18,000 btu. When the house is at temp the unit will run at low btu output and low cfm. So even crappy duct work can have low noise out of it. Cooling on the other hand my have more noise.
    The Rheem even thou it is larger will/can have a lower btu output with the matched thermostat.
    Buy this one with matching cased evaporator, you be ready for dual fuel/hybrid system when the a/c pukes, and put as much internaly lined return air ductwork as possible, moving the return air grill away from the furnace.. raising it...this will make it very quiet.

is the HOA ok with that? if not you could void the roof warranty. you might want to check that out.....Pandora's box.

Quote Originally Posted by superheatrman View Post
    Buy this one with matching cased evaporator, you be ready for dual fuel/hybrid system when the a/c pukes, and put as much internaly lined return air ductwork as possible, moving the return air grill away from the furnace.. raising it...this will make it very quiet.
    HVAC guy was not keen on replacing the evaporator coils (I assume that's what you meant since my head is ready to explode with all the info I have learned this week) with cased ones, but he wants to mount the furnace on a box so that we can get some space between the return and the furnace.

Quote Originally Posted by tinner73
    is the HOA ok with that? if not you could void the roof warranty. you might want to check that out.....Pandora's box.
    I have roof rights and I'm the condo President, so I have that issue covered.

So do all you HVAC professionals hate xxxxxxxxxxxxx This place seems to actually list furnace prices to the general public. The thermostat for this furnace is crazy expensive, wow!

Please read site rules, Thank you.

Since this is not a DIY site, alink of that type is not allowed.
    Last edited by beenthere; 02-12-2009 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Removed link

So do all you HVAC professionals hate xxxxxxxxxxxxx This place seems to actually list furnace prices to the general public. The thermostat for this furnace is crazy expensive, wow!

Please read site rules, Thank you.

Since this is not a DIY site, alink of that type is not allowed.
    Sorry

can you post some pics of your current set up.....we have lots of ideas.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast