Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    > BennyD just joking with you . I have worked LOCV / absorbers direct and steam driven / CVHA - CVHB - CVHE - CVHF including DUPLEXES

Post Likes
    I know! We still have a couple LOCV's! Haven't run in a couple years. Building is vacant now.
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

3. Likes CHILLERSVCMAN liked this post
    Post Likes
    The newer style York Turbine ( STEAM ) is the game now around here ;

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyD View Post
    I guess I haven't lived yet. Just about all my chiller work has been Trane scroll, screw and centrifugal (of course). I have a few York centrifugals and a couple Carrier recips. I know there are a few Turbocor's in our area, but no contracts.
    Not to derail the thread, but has anyone seen oil level fluctuations in older high sump CVHE/F chillers that have been retrofitted with a drive? With the vanes wide open, the sump pressure seems to be a shade over evap a making the eductor even more critical. I've had the level drop to the bottom of the lower sight glass at lower loads and obviously come back up as it runs harder. This is on a freshly rebuilt machine. Oil seal tolerances are in spec and tower water is a pretty consistent 70 with a 42 chilled water setpoint.
    Yes, i have two machines that i have retrofitted that act exactly as you have described. One of which had a rebuild, adaptiview and Afd installed at the same time. These machines do not have an angle valve on eductor line so there is no throttling it back, there is a good bit of foaming untill the machine loads up and oil starts coming back. I have not dug into this yet but it is something that i have noticed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12