Post Likes

2 Two ton units one split and one non split. require drastic differences in water.

I have two Trane 2 ton units one split and one non split.. Is it unusual for one to require 3 times more water than the other. I realize the split and non split are differnt but with both 2 ton my guess would be that they both need similar water flow .. not 3 to 1.. Here is what is going on..both units less that 90 days old.. one unit the non split has cold water in and when in 2nd stage the out water will actually burn you over 100 degrees... The split unit is cold in room temp out. and it is removing almost no heat.. Today the tech decided that the split had too much water flow and in the return line closed the valve in the 3/4 inch return line approx 3/4 closed.. meaning he cut my flow by 75% and it did bring the water out line to may 1 degree warmer still around room temp. That seemed to lower the overall temp maybe 1 degree in the hose basically doing nothing. While the non split is getting the full 3/4 line of cold water.. maybe 66 degrees.. so two compressors both same 2 ton one uses full 3/4 line flow while then split has been cut down to maybe 1/4 of the other unit..
    Course slowing the flow of water has rasied the head pressure but still in safe range.. They seem to think this is a fix.. meanwhile the only time my temp goes below 76-80 is around 5 am and then drops toe a whopping 76 maybe never lower.
    Oh forgot the small freon line is very near the same temp as the big freon line both cold and dripping (wrong).
    Has anyone experienced similar symptom before.. these are both geothermals.. dont see any freezing at either end.

The flow target is 3 gal per ton so 6 gpm the tech had no way to measure to day so i am trying to get him to measure the flow tommorrow.. but i am dumbfounded ...they want to slow the water flow a lot while the other 2 ton is saying bring it on i can get you a hundred degree heat removal now .. so give me some more water and i might do better.. and they are starving my split unit to 1/4 of full and its not makng any differnec.e. how critiacla is the actual water flow if the say 6 gpm for target will beteween 5 and 7 work fine.

Post Likes
    Is that an approved method to control Heat pressure, adjusting a ball valve, doesn't those system require some type of water regulating valve instead based on refrigerant pressures?

http://cgproducts.johnsoncontrols.co...PDF/125687.PDF

As an example

Post Likes
    Sure as heck not approved by me... and worse is its the backup tech my contractor (installer) less than 30 days ago called in.. and he appears to be bout as dumb as the other tech from the first company that gave up on it... geesh if the cant figure it out two different companies.. i think they need to call in a factory expert.. maybe they will have some fresh ideas.
    And i have run twin florida heat pumps. (geo thermal) for 30 years and never used anything but the old pressure shutoff and don't plan on buying an expensive pressure regulator now.. if the install contractor wants one he can get it at his expense.. till hefigurs out what the heck is wrong with it..

Post Likes
    Post model numbers of both units please. I don't get to see any geo thermal units. I do see a few chillers and pool heaters though.