Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 256789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Likes
    [QUOTE=RussellHarju;26222661
    We will always improve or develop products as better technology comes available to us.[/QUOTE]

Hope you guys will start working on gen 2 probes right after these get released With Bluetooth 5.0 that will more than double the distance of the ones about to be released

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    The current products, SMAN460, SDP2, SC660, do need the JL2. These transmit to JL2 using RF at a spec'd max distance of 100' ft. And the JL2 uses Bluetooth BLE at a spec'd max distance of 30' to transmit to the phone.

The new probes use Bluetooth broadcasting and the combination of the this tech and hardware gets a spec'd max distance of 300' ft directly to the phone. No need for JL2.

Both of these methods can be used at the same time with the same phone.

We will always improve or develop products as better technology comes available to us.
    well Russell, whats the word on release date?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    Check it out! More info to come next week

http://www.fieldpiece.com/media/emai...7-2017-v02.pdf
    does it work with older FP products that are Bluetooth ready?
    if corny was a part on a washing machine,,, he'd be the agitator

“Those who CAST the votes decide nothing; those who COUNT the votes decide everything.” – Stalin even evil men say things worth paying attention to

A Nation of Sheep - Breeds a Government of Wolves

Gangster Al Capone once remarked that anyone who can walk to the welfare office can walk to work.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidj001 View Post
    does it work with older FP products that are Bluetooth ready?
    From a few posts above:

The current products, SMAN460, SDP2, SC660, do need the JL2. These transmit to JL2 using RF at a spec'd max distance of 100' ft. And the JL2 uses Bluetooth BLE at a spec'd max distance of 30' to transmit to the phone.

The new probes use Bluetooth broadcasting and the combination of the this tech and hardware gets a spec'd max distance of 300' ft directly to the phone. No need for JL2.

Both of these methods can be used at the same time with the same phone.

And a few pages in:

Yes. Also any tools that currently need the JL2 can work side by side with the Job Link Probes. So you can have an SMAN send Pressures and pipe temps to your phone and Job Link probes sending indoor and outdoor temps at the same time.

Or you can have your sman sending pressures and your Job Link Probes sending pipe clamps and let Job Link calculate superheat and subcooling. This is great if you want temps far from where you are measuring your pressures.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. Likes RussellHarju liked this post
    Post Likes
    Good luck guys. The continued failure to meet release dates has me worried about the quality. Cancelled my order that's been pending since early August.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by martyinlincoln View Post
    Good luck guys. The continued failure to meet release dates has me worried about the quality. Cancelled my order that's been pending since early August.
    Cant blame you as im close to cancelling my order too.

One thing for sure, itll be interesting what excuse they use now... The dog ate my app?

Ill be on the phone tomorrow, but ive got a cancellation teed up, shame too, looked promising.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    For a newbie HVAC person just starting out, which would be more beneficial for routine checking and charging, a set of probes or some type of manifold?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by realitycheck View Post
    For a newbie HVAC person just starting out, which would be more beneficial for routine checking and charging, a set of probes or some type of manifold?
    Personally, for someone just starting out, I would recommend a set of analogs. Cheaper, plus it makes you learn to do the calculations.

The digital manifolds are nice, as is the real-time feedback, but the analogs are cheaper and you'll learn more. You can always go digital later (it'll only get better).

Don't get the cheap junk. Yellow Jackets are generally good.

10. Likes BigPapaSmurf, VanMan812, Ga-HVAC-tech liked this post
    Post Likes
    fieldpiece just confirmed they were released today.

Post Likes
    At work, we require all guys to use analogs for the 1st year. This allows them to do the math and learn the old fashion way. They can purchase and use digitals year 2 if they desire. I will be purchasing these in the spring and am excited to try them!

'The more you know, the more you realize you don't know'

13. Likes BigPapaSmurf, Ga-HVAC-tech liked this post
    Post Likes
    I can officially tell you, as I work at Fieldpiece, that the Job Link Probes started shipping to distributors today. It will be about two weeks before all orders are full filled.

15. Likes BigPapaSmurf, TruTech-Bill liked this post
    Post Likes
    I did get confirmation that mine shipped today, from Ohio. I should see them at my door in a few days. The wait is almost over... hopefully.
    There are two ways to do things, Right and Again.

17. Likes BigPapaSmurf liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shavedneon View Post
    I did get confirmation that mine shipped today, from Ohio. I should see them at my door in a few days. The wait is almost over... hopefully.
    Same here and im only a few miles down yje road from TTT. Should see them pretty quick.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 256789101112131415 LastLast