Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Packer Pete View Post
    Sure it will pull down but it wont hold with broken reeds, thats the point.
    If the discharge valves are OK, it will hold.

2. Likes urefrigeration liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    If the discharge valves are OK, it will hold.
    X2,icemeister.

4. Likes urefrigeration liked this post
    Post Likes
    When I attempted to pump unit back to replace to valve and filter drier. I started to do pump back by front seating service valve on receiver refrigerant to spray out from the stem so I ended up recovering refrigerant out and it weighted out st 3 lbs . When I got system running added 2 and half pounds and I wasn't sure on the condenser td and tried for 20 . Super heat was measured at evap outlet. With such high superheated and I opened tx valve to try and get more refrigerant in. I'm thinking I am low on charger but don't want to chance having going to such a large amount on head pressure

Post Likes
    Don't adjust the valve without clearing the S G and the case is at or near temperature

7. Likes urefrigeration liked this post
    Post Likes
    i kinda dought the bad valves theory, because of the high amp draw, and the 40 psi suct. any chance the evap. coil is over sized. just sounds like a too high of a load on the cu.57 is a pretty high set point for med temp system. check to be sure equipment is a good match, this is weird one, if it were a too high a load issue , would have expected higher suction. maybe a restricted high side ?!let us know what you found.

9. Likes urefrigeration liked this post
    Post Likes
    I would replace the filter drier, thinking you have a restriction in the high side somewhere, I had a walkin freezer this spring that when I cleared the sg , the head pressure was high and suction slightly low, turned out after hours trouble shooting to be the drier. Im not liking the bad valves theory high head , low suction, and high amp draw, doesn;t scream compressor pumping issues to me.this must be a small cooler at 3# r22, are you sure its matching equipment? Let us know what you find. I thought I posted a comment earlier but i dont see it so if im repeating my self for give me.

11. Likes urefrigeration liked this post
    Post Likes

Egg cooler troubles

I think your condensing unit might be undersized. Or it could be the orifice in your expansion device is too large maybe due to the valve being adjusted to full open position or an oversized txv altogether.

Post Likes
    In all this did we ever get a model # of the condensing and evaporator units?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    In all this did we ever get a model # of the condensing and evaporator units?
    Keeprite HCUA100H2ADD

Heatcraft LCA6136

I can't find any spec sheet for the condensing unit, but it appears to be a hight temp 1 hp R22 unit. The equivalent current model would be the KEH010H7 which has a capacity of about 13,500 Btuh at 45°F SST/95°F Ambient. The evaporator model probably has a typo because the closest would be LCA6135, which would be a perfect 10°F TD match, which is close to where it would be for the desired 57°F box temp.

I would like to get the compressor model number so we can check that amp draw of 13 amps at 40 psig/240 psig stated in post #1. The performance data sheet will tell us a lot.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    Keeprite HCUA100H2ADD

Heatcraft LCA6136

I can't find any spec sheet for the condensing unit, but it appears to be a hight temp 1 hp R22 unit. The equivalent current model would be the KEH010H7 which has a capacity of about 13,500 Btuh at 45°F SST/95°F Ambient. The evaporator model probably has a typo because the closest would be LCA6135, which would be a perfect 10°F TD match, which is close to where it would be for the desired 57°F box temp.

I would like to get the compressor model number so we can check that amp draw of 13 amps at 40 psig/240 psig stated in post #1. The performance data sheet will tell us a lot.
    That's my concern, operating at or near the upper end of its design? That will give a very high head until things settle down.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    That's my concern, operating at or near the upper end of its design? That will give a very high head until things settle down.
    Very true, but a typical 1 hp R22 HT compressor would top out with an amp draw of around 7 or 8 amps at 45°F SST/130°F SCT or about 75#/300# on R22...not even close to that 13 amps reported. Knowing the supply voltage may be useful here too.

Post Likes
    im surprised hes running a 57 f box temp for eggs, the egg customers i have dont want it above 50, as i recall. how big of a box do you have? I keep thinking too high a load, but would expect a higher suct. press if that were the case.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chrigs View Post
    im surprised hes running a 57 f box temp for eggs, the egg customers i have dont want it above 50, as i recall. how big of a box do you have? I keep thinking too high a load, but would expect a higher suct. press if that were the case.
    It could be because this egg farm may not run the eggs through a washer. "Unwashed eggs" don't require any refrigeration at all because they have a protective bacteria barrier on the outside of the shell. Washing removes that barrier, leaving the egg's shell porous and so, susceptible to contamination.

In most countries in the world you'll find eggs stored and displayed on the shelf and not in the coolers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast