Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goodman ARUF, will this work?

Post Likes
    Going to save $ by getting it on line.....

He deserves what he’ll get!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rcstl View Post
    The ARUF coil can be configured for upflow or downflow. The blower compartment is too small for the coil to swap positions.

We probably offended him away but I agree about why is he going electric from gas is a good question. Along with, is that located in a garage? Could a carpenter change things for updraft, stuff like that?

He already gave an engineer response so meh!
    The ARUF also can be configured for horizontal left or right also from what I can see, the way I'm reading it is the OP thinks you can move the individual parts ( blower, coil, heater ) in any configuration as the OP states from #2 photo from " top down " Heat Strips, Blower, Coil. We'd arrange to Coil, Heat Strip, Blower.

Correct? And in doing so, is there, or will there be an issue with that 15 KW heat strip right below the coil blasting up into it.

The OP wants to put the heat strip in between the coil and blower IMO and is asking if it's OK. To me no mention of going from upflow to downflow, just restacking everything....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joey View Post
    The ARUF also can be configured for horizontal left or right also from what I can see, the way I'm reading it is the OP thinks you can move the individual parts ( blower, coil, heater ) in any configuration as the OP states from #2 photo from " top down " Heat Strips, Blower, Coil. We'd arrange to Coil, Heat Strip, Blower.

Correct? And in doing so, is there, or will there be an issue with that 15 KW heat strip right below the coil blasting up into it.

The OP wants to put the heat strip in between the coil and blower IMO and is asking if it's OK. To me no mention of going from upflow to downflow, just restacking everything....
    My problem was putting the blower motor in the heat path. Motors burn up when they get hot.

My point was that the coil can be reversed for upflow/downflow righty or lefty.

Coils and condensate trays are made to handle furnace heat in upflow furnace applications, that is the least of his problems.

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

"it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Going to save $ by getting it on line.....

He deserves what he’ll get!
    Goodman warranty is voided for online sales.

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

"it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

Post Likes
    Goodman warranty is voided for online sales.
    Tough lesson!

Post Likes
    Dated 2018, I tend to disagree that buying equipment from Goodman online voids warranty.

Internet Sales Policy

No warranty coverage is offered on Goodman brand equipment purchased by consumers over the Internet, including web-based auctions, telephone or other electronic means, unless the unit is installed by a dealer adhering to all applicable federal, state, and local codes, policies, and licensing requirements.

This policy is necessary to ensure that Goodman brand equipment is installed properly, in compliance with applicable laws, rules and codes, and in a manner that addresses safety concerns and the proper performance of Goodman brand equipment.

As outlined below, the failure to comply with this policy could lead to violations of applicable law that are punishable by fines.

Licensing and Permitting Requirements
    It is common that an HVAC installer must be licensed by the state or municipality in which the HVAC equipment is to be installed. Some jurisdictions may, in addition, have permitting requirements. (Consult your local laws and rules to determine the requirements imposed by your jurisdiction.) Further, local building codes often require that specific types of HVAC connections be made by licensed professionals. For example, licensed plumbers may be required to make any gas or water connections necessary in the installation of an HVAC system; and licensed electricians may be required to make all electrical connections to the HVAC system.

Post Likes
    Dated 2018, I tend to disagree that buying equipment from Goodman online voids warranty.

Internet Sales Policy

No warranty coverage is offered on Goodman brand equipment purchased by consumers over the Internet, including web-based auctions, telephone or other electronic means, unless the unit is installed by a dealer adhering to all applicable federal, state, and local codes, policies, and licensing requirements.

This policy is necessary to ensure that Goodman brand equipment is installed properly, in compliance with applicable laws, rules and codes, and in a manner that addresses safety concerns and the proper performance of Goodman brand equipment.

As outlined below, the failure to comply with this policy could lead to violations of applicable law that are punishable by fines.

Licensing and Permitting Requirements
    It is common that an HVAC installer must be licensed by the state or municipality in which the HVAC equipment is to be installed. Some jurisdictions may, in addition, have permitting requirements. (Consult your local laws and rules to determine the requirements imposed by your jurisdiction.) Further, local building codes often require that specific types of HVAC connections be made by licensed professionals. For example, licensed plumbers may be required to make any gas or water connections necessary in the installation of an HVAC system; and licensed electricians may be required to make all electrical connections to the HVAC system.
    I said buying Goodman equipment from online voids warranty. They disclaim online sales from distributors for the reasons listed in your post.

The part I was referencing:

The second part is the usual fail.

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Post Likes
    I said buying Goodman equipment from online voids warranty. They disclaim online sales from distributors for the reasons listed in your post.

I see you like getting the last word...... Wait ....did I just get the last word by answering ...

Post Likes
    I see you like getting the last word...... Wait ....did I just get the last word by answering ...
    you projecting there? I think we are just talking past each other. Others can judge.

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Post Likes
    Wow. That guy really needs a professional. 🤫🤫🤫🤫

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes

That second part was added due in part to pressure from a huge company in our area.

They have an online store, where you answer questions, and the web store pumps out an installed price. No need for a salesman to look at the job.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    That second part was added due in part to pressure from a huge company in our area.

They have an online store, where you answer questions, and the web store pumps out an installed price. No need for a salesman to look at the job.
    Who is it? A name I would recognize in my area? Probably have to pm since it’s open forum.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhenergy View Post
    Who is it? A name I would recognize in my area? Probably have to pm since it’s open forum.

Wreckum and burnum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in