Post Likes

Complete change-out, EL296

Comments, thoughts? What can I do better?

Post Likes
    shoot man, i cant find a thing to poke at.

ah wait! how about an emergency switch in the overflow port?

and clean your camera lens
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Pecmsg - "NEST should only be used with 3-M filters to guarantee total destruction of the equipment!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    I would have ran the lineset behind both pipes and tightened up the electrical coming down the right side. Other than that, I think it looks good. I assume that's a HEPA box on the left?

Post Likes
    I don't think exposed romex would fly around here, I realize its not rated for conduit but I use it to better protect the romex and my inspectors fully agree. Looks good though.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhoskins View Post
    I don't think exposed romex would fly around here, I realize its not rated for conduit but I use it to better protect the romex and my inspectors fully agree. Looks good though.

Exposed romex is allowed here so long as its a mechanical room, or closet.

Post Likes
    the only thing wrong i assume you did not do is the daisy chaining of the power strips on the wall a big no no in my area

Post Likes
    I would have run the power wiring in conduit it just looks much neater and workmanship wise is nicer

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    the only thing wrong i assume you did not do is the daisy chaining of the power strips on the wall a big no no in my area
    No, that would be the home owner, I told him it wasn't the best idea, but HOs will do as HOs like I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by GorillaTight View Post
    I would have ran the lineset behind both pipes and tightened up the electrical coming down the right side. Other than that, I think it looks good. I assume that's a HEPA box on the left?
    You are correct sir, this guy has 4 of them.

Post Likes
    its against fire code in my state if you have a fire and they find them like that the insurance company will not pay.
    and the inspector will fail ya.
    But yes they do it any way.

Post Likes
    what the heck does this home owner do with phones that is one of the biggest punch down blocks i have ever seen in a home

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    what the heck does this home owner do with phones that is one of the biggest punch down blocks i have ever seen in a home
    Could be a security system. My Dad has one that's similar.
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Pecmsg - "NEST should only be used with 3-M filters to guarantee total destruction of the equipment!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."