Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    273
    Post Likes

    Complete change-out, EL296






    Comments, thoughts? What can I do better?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Billington Heights, NY
    Posts
    19,928
    Post Likes
    shoot man, i cant find a thing to poke at.

    ah wait! how about an emergency switch in the overflow port?

    and clean your camera lens
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

    Pecmsg - "NEST should only be used with 3-M filters to guarantee total destruction of the equipment!"

    Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    276
    Post Likes
    I would have ran the lineset behind both pipes and tightened up the electrical coming down the right side. Other than that, I think it looks good. I assume that's a HEPA box on the left?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    56
    Post Likes
    I don't think exposed romex would fly around here, I realize its not rated for conduit but I use it to better protect the romex and my inspectors fully agree. Looks good though.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    273
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhoskins View Post
    I don't think exposed romex would fly around here, I realize its not rated for conduit but I use it to better protect the romex and my inspectors fully agree. Looks good though.

    Exposed romex is allowed here so long as its a mechanical room, or closet.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,114
    Post Likes
    the only thing wrong i assume you did not do is the daisy chaining of the power strips on the wall a big no no in my area

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,114
    Post Likes
    I would have run the power wiring in conduit it just looks much neater and workmanship wise is nicer

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    273
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    the only thing wrong i assume you did not do is the daisy chaining of the power strips on the wall a big no no in my area
    No, that would be the home owner, I told him it wasn't the best idea, but HOs will do as HOs like I suppose.


    Quote Originally Posted by GorillaTight View Post
    I would have ran the lineset behind both pipes and tightened up the electrical coming down the right side. Other than that, I think it looks good. I assume that's a HEPA box on the left?
    You are correct sir, this guy has 4 of them.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,114
    Post Likes
    its against fire code in my state if you have a fire and they find them like that the insurance company will not pay.
    and the inspector will fail ya.
    But yes they do it any way.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,114
    Post Likes
    what the heck does this home owner do with phones that is one of the biggest punch down blocks i have ever seen in a home

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Billington Heights, NY
    Posts
    19,928
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    what the heck does this home owner do with phones that is one of the biggest punch down blocks i have ever seen in a home
    Could be a security system. My Dad has one that's similar.
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

    Pecmsg - "NEST should only be used with 3-M filters to guarantee total destruction of the equipment!"

    Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.