Post Likes

Confused by Nitro regulator adapters (M10x1rh > CGA580) any advice available?

Hi all,

This is my first post I've found the information here very useful and it's helped me install and evacuate my first mini-split, however it has a leak so I'm now on to +ve pressure testing with nitro.

I have a disposable Nitrogren tank at 100Bar with standard m10x1rh thread, and basically need to get hold of a relatively cheap ~400psi output regulator that will fit this with the use of adapters, to ultimately give a 1/4" flare output for my hose set. I'm in the UK and it appears astoundingly difficult to source something up to the job without it being absurdly priced

I guess the Goss-EN-450f on Amazon is about the cheapest regulator that will do it (unless someone can point me to a better alternative?)

That one has a male CGA 580 cylinder connection, but my knowledge of adpaters is not great and I've looked everywhere to try and find a way to get from this to my M10x1 (female) canister but just don't know the standards well enough to know what's needed to route one to the other!

Is some clever bod here able to point me in the right direction? I'm totally lost!

Thanks so much in advance for your help

Chris

Post Likes
    what about this?

Removed link

then just change the outlet port to whatever you need?
    Last edited by beenthere; 08-12-2018 at 07:59 PM.
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Pecmsg - "NEST should only be used with 3-M filters to guarantee total destruction of the equipment!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    Hey Chris,

Sorry man, we can't be of any help here, the forum rules specifically forbid DIY assistance. It's even in the title of this part of the forum. This is to prevent people from trying to follow our instructions and getting hurt or damage their equipment.

1. 2. Do-It-Yourself (DIY) - not here.

This site is for industry professionals and folks seeking HVAC/R advice and knowledge. Please do not ask for step by step instructions on purchasing, installing or repairing your own equipment. This is our job and our livelihood. We are generous, but not to a fault.

Questions of this type will not be answered and may be deleted at the discretion of the Moderators.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bhenry1013 View Post
    Hey Chris,

Sorry man, we can't be of any help here, the forum rules specifically forbid DIY assistance. It's even in the title of this part of the forum. This is to prevent people from trying to follow our instructions and getting hurt or damage their equipment.

1. 2. Do-It-Yourself (DIY) - not here.

This site is for industry professionals and folks seeking HVAC/R advice and knowledge. Please do not ask for step by step instructions on purchasing, installing or repairing your own equipment. This is our job and our livelihood. We are generous, but not to a fault.

Questions of this type will not be answered and may be deleted at the discretion of the Moderators.
    This isnt about his equipment.
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Pecmsg - "NEST should only be used with 3-M filters to guarantee total destruction of the equipment!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    Sorry, this is not a DIY site.

Thread closed.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?