Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    grey... or you need new glasses
    Maybe the green is from the nausea I feel when I see most of their equipment in the field.
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

2. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Please tell me that’s not a drier vent behind the unit!
    I sincerely hope not, there are a few different vents around the home at this height level so I will determine which is which.

Where's the disconnect switch?

A little spray paint on the corrosion and your good for another 30,000. It appears that the red wire is the high voltage (without a ground?!) and as previously noted does not have a disconnect switch is readily accessible as required by code.
    I'll ask the inspector to raise the issue of the disconnect in his inspection report also hoping he'll flag the exposed electrical wire.

Some equipment has a port on either side for wires then another port to allow the wire to enter a steel baffle. There is a separator between where the LV and HV connect. It's usually cardboard
    I dont know what brand that is so I cant tell you for sure
    The unit is an Rheem RP14 (RP1436J1NA).

Certainly didn't read the instructions for clearances! I'd hate to try and get that control box off. Good news is the mason did a pretty nice job. I like that brick.
    From the specification manual (RP14) it asks for 6" of clearance between the brick wall and the unit and 12" inches on the side opposite from where the camera is facing in in the picture. I will verify these are a meet.

Not for nothing but if this is a new home and what you see I can only imagine what is hidden!
    It's a combination of rigid ducting and flex. I'd say not bad for a builder grade installation judging from other posts I've followed. Was disappointed when I saw the outdoor install which is why I sought out advice from the forum members.
    Last edited by george_s; Yesterday at 11:14 AM. Reason: Spelling

Post Likes
    How about some photos from the inside?
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12