Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 14 to 20 of 20
  1. #14
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    61
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Thats a lot of uninsulated suction line.

    What is it 7/8" out of the case reduced to 5/8" ?
    Picture was taken when incomplete. Suction line, TXV and sensing bulb all insulated. I believe suction line is 1/2 or 5/8, can’t recall 100%.

  2. #15
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    61
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by crazzycajun View Post
    I would suspect partial restriction,but without frost pattern and the numbers pecmsg requested it’s a swag
    The HP and capacity of the unit doesn’t concern you?

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southold, NY
    Posts
    15,509
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite-Mech View Post
    The HP and capacity of the unit doesn’t concern you?
    Moving that 20 or 30' wouldn't make a difference in capacity.

    If it worked when new theres something wrong.

    Download the performance curve for that pump and test it. Siting in that closet without a High Pressure Safety may have damaged it!

  4. #17
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    61
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Moving that 20 or 30' wouldn't make a difference in capacity.

    If it worked when new theres something wrong.

    Download the performance curve for that pump and test it. Siting in that closet without a High Pressure Safety may have damaged it!
    The compressor and txv were replaced when the unit was relocated 6’ Away. I believe the unit might have worked well in the enclosed area due to poor air circulation. Compressor is rated for 6700 20/120. I find it odd that Delfield has the same size equipment rated for 1800BTU’s.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    kansas
    Posts
    528
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite-Mech View Post
    We lowered set point to -1 and it reached in about 3 minutes, so we lowered it to -20 and it seems to stay running at -3, but product doesn’t seem to drop temperature and the walls around the pans have ice. Suction pressure was running at 7 psi and liq at 210 psi R404. I plugged up condenser to raise liquid psi to 300 and suction went up to 11 psi. Emerson controller is still there but does not control.
    This is why the capacity doesn’t concern me a swag on my part is because the cold pans aren’t dropping your product temp. So I don’t think your cold pan is feeding evenly. If it ran 3min or 3sec to reach set point your product would eventually come down to temp. I don’t think your transferring heat therefore not feeding the evap properly. Like I said a swag
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

    I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southold, NY
    Posts
    15,509
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite-Mech View Post
    The compressor and txv were replaced when the unit was relocated 6’ Away. I believe the unit might have worked well in the enclosed area due to poor air circulation. Compressor is rated for 6700 20/120. I find it odd that Delfield has the same size equipment rated for 1800BTU’s.
    How much insulation is in the delfield?

    If it worked before moving it that little distance wont matter.

    SH
    SC
    Discharge Temp
    X-Valve outlet temp
    Evap outlet temp

  7. Likes crazzycajun, stat liked this post
  8. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    In the Conservatory with a Lead Pipe
    Posts
    14,815
    Post Likes
    Looks crazy bright on top like the sun is beating down on the top. What's going on up top. Hvac air flow across top? All the pans in? using metal? Are they dented up? Seem to me if it can make what ever temp you set it at there other problems besides refrigeration.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.