Post Likes

Adjusting a Ranco 10-1409 temp control

I read somewhere that the easiest way to set this temp control would be to turn the differential screw up to the maximum differential number, set the cut in temp and when the box gets down to the temp you want you then turn down the differential screw until compressor shuts off. Does this sound right to you?
    I am trying to zero in one of these units.

Post Likes
    Moved to Refrigeration & Ice Making forum.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    do you shove that sensor into the coil , or does it hang out in the air ?

I see the temp senses 0 - 55 deg

Diff 3 - 20

Post Likes
    It’s attached to the coil. Current cut in 38*f and cut out 34*f box temp.
    Trying to bring her down to 30*f cut out.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wec1951 View Post
    I read somewhere that the easiest way to set this temp control would be to turn the differential screw up to the maximum differential number, set the cut in temp and when the box gets down to the temp you want you then turn down the differential screw until compressor shuts off. Does this sound right to you?
    I am trying to zero in one of these units.
    ItÂ’s attached to the coil. Current cut in 38*f and cut out 34*f box temp.
    Trying to bring her down to 30*f cut out.
    is this for the Pepsi cooler ? if it is attached to the coil that would explain the difficulty you are having .... not sure the differential is going to be large enough .....

you are correct, you want to adjust your cut in first .......

for a 32 - 38 degree box, 35 degree beer

unplug cooler, set cut in on dial to 34 degrees, set differential to maximum, plug in cooler, once box hits 34 degrees raise cut in on dial to 42 degrees, adjust differential to minimum, compressor should cut off, adjust differential to maximum, allow box to slowly rise to 38 degrees, as box approaches 38 degrees slowly lower cut in temperature until compressor turns on, as box approaches 32 degrees slowly lower differential until compressor turns off ......

if you want different temperature settings substitute the 32 and 38 for your own numbers ..... if it is for the Pepsi cooler and you want it cold I would run the box between 32 - 38
    Last edited by hvacskills; 08-12-2018 at 09:04 AM.
    TYRANNY

The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands, whether of one, a few, or many, and whether hereditary, selfappointed, or elective, may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny.

the refrigerant sacrificed some of its soldiers to boil off so they could cool themselves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5ij89gyMcY

Post Likes
    Just got it dialed in: cut in 37*f and cut out 32*f
    Thanks again....It is for the Pepsi cooler and it’s finally a done deal!

Post Likes
    Just got it dialed in: cut in 37*f and cut out 32*f
    Thanks again....It is for the Pepsi cooler and it’s finally a done deal!
    cool .... or should I say cold ? ..... that is going to be some cold beer ...

curious how did that affect or what are your cycle lengths now ?

and you are right, it takes piratically forever to get the charge and the thermostat setting on these small little boxes exact ..... but once you do they run pretty much trouble free .... knock on wood
    Last edited by hvacskills; 08-12-2018 at 12:33 PM.
    TYRANNY

The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands, whether of one, a few, or many, and whether hereditary, selfappointed, or elective, may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny.

the refrigerant sacrificed some of its soldiers to boil off so they could cool themselves

Post Likes
    Cycle on time 7.25 min and cycle off time 23 min. Ambient 80*f at the time. Calling client tomorrow to come and pick it up.
    Thank you for your help I really appreciated it.

Post Likes
    Cycle on time 7.25 min and cycle off time 23 min. Ambient 80*f at the time. Calling client tomorrow to come and pick it up.
    Thank you for your help I really appreciated it.
    that is nice, that is around 2 cycles per hour, compressor should be a little bit happier ....

you are welcome but you are the one who did all the work glad I was able to give some advise ....

really nice job !
    TYRANNY