Post Likes

Hmm Siemens ATEC (550-430PA) and PPCL

Greetings!

I am trying to do something that seems like it should be fairly easy, but without formal Siemens training and the mess that is the Extranet site I'm falling short.

I have a bunch of Siemens 550-430PA controllers that are integrated into a Niagara front-end. On one of the controllers the customer would like to replace the standard Siemens Room Sensor with just a flush-mount button sensor - for aesthetics. I have been given information on how to wire a 10K-2 sensor into the RJ-12 STAT port using a diode, but I would like to know how to make this more elegant. Can an ATEC controller be loaded with a short couple lines of PPCL code that would take the value from AI 4 and assign it to the ROOM TEMP input? Forgive my syntax (or it's mistakes - as I mentioned I have no PPCL training), but something similar to the following?

10 SET (AI 4,ROOM TEMP) // or maybe ROOM TEMP = AI 4
    20 // Maybe a small delay here to make the program execute more slowly?
    30 GOTO 10

I have access to everything Siemens - just didn't know if you could "side-load" some small PPCL into an ATEC, what the program looks like, and what software you use to load it - if so. I also saw information about having to unbundle points - I assume I would need to unbundle the ROOM TEMP, but I'm not sure. Documentation appears sparse unless you know what you're looking for.

I found the PTEC_TOOL on the site, but the latest documentation is from 2010 and wasn't sure it that would make sense for a new(ish) ATEC controller. Thanks!
    "The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Post Likes
    I don’t believe the ATECs are able to hold PPCL programming the same way the PTEC controllers can. The controller controls setpoint based on the CTL SPT value.This value is written to internally from RM TMP. I am not familiar with Niagara but with apogee you would just right a program in the field panel “ SET “ctl spt” = “AI 4”. This will override CTL SPT with AI 4 value.

Post Likes
    Interesting. I had considered that, but somewhere in one of the PPCL books I found (I don't recall which) it indicated that the ATECs could run a limited set of PPCL commands. I also noticed in WCIS there is a parameter that indicated whether PPCL is loaded or not, so it still leads me to believe that somehow the controller can hold it. It was actually a Siemens tech support guy that suggested writing this small amount of PPCL for the ATEC.
    "The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Post Likes
    You are correct. I did not realize that they allow for PPCL directly into the ATEC controllers now. I assumed they still only had this for the PTEC.