Post Likes

This Rheem was getting reamed!

Another company had worked on this system 3 weeks ago. They cleaned the evaporator coil really well. Maybe 20% of the aluminum fins are missing now, but it is clean.

The tenant told me they never looked at the outdoor unit.

The only thing saving this little guy stuffed in an alcove was the cool air coming from a duct leak under the home.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    It's an upside down world we live in.

2. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Love the lack of care by the home owner and the compay before yours who did not bother to look at the condensor like you did

4. Likes Metalman0880 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Had a similar Alcove installed unit last year. Well it was installed ok until they put up a shed right nest to the unit making a alcove like you have here. it was very interesting to watch the head would slowly rise due to recirculated air then a nice breeze blew the alcove out head would drop then rise up again I think was getting 20 degrees higher than ambient on the side of the unit.
    There is only one truly right way to do something, but there are thousands of wrong ways to varying degrees to do it.
    So the question is: If you don't do it right, then how wrong is it going to be???

Post Likes
    By the looks of that suction filter it's already burned out at least once.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rjk_cmh View Post
    By the looks of that suction filter it's already burned out at least once.
    Right! That's the first suction filter I've seen on a residential unit here. Good catch. I didn't realize that was in the picture.

I wouldn't be surprised if the compressor was changed without the coil being cleaned. It was a tough getting the side panels off.

8. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by David Goodman View Post
    Another company had worked on this system 3 weeks ago. They cleaned the evaporator coil really well. Maybe 20% of the aluminum fins are missing now, but it is clean.

The tenant told me they never looked at the outdoor unit.

The only thing saving this little guy stuffed in an alcove was the cool air coming from a duct leak under the home.
    No Disconnect, with Power ran in NM, or UF Wire David?
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by David Goodman View Post
    Right! That's the first suction filter I've seen on a residential unit here. Good catch. I didn't realize that was in the picture.

I wouldn't be surprised if the compressor was changed without the coil being cleaned. It was a tough getting the side panels off.
    Speaking of that Suction Filter, .... Look at the turns coming out of it, & then going to the condenser.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    No Disconnect, with Power ran in NM, or UF Wire David?
    It was NM run in the liquid tite conduit. The breaker panel was inside the addition with a built in cabinet in front of it. The dead front can't be removed without detaching the cabinet. The meter pedestal is just out of the picture to the left.

12. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    Speaking of that Suction Filter, .... Look at the turns coming out of it, & then going to the condenser.
    I can't even tell what's going on there !

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigjoe View Post
    I can't even tell what's going on there !
    The suction line isn't quite as bad as it looks in the picture. There are two 90 degree long sweep refrigeration elbow fittings on it. The service valves are below dirt level.

I just noticed that you can see the "cap-in-the-box" peeking out in one of the pictures. That was another nice touch by other workers.

Post Likes
    WOW
    "Semper Fi"