Post Likes

Carrier Aqua Snap chiller 30RB Flow Senor

hello all,
    i am new to this site so please be gental.
    i have 2 30RB chillers on a site, c1 is working perfecly and the other c2 will go into a p32 and p33 error followed up by a p14. after checking strainner ( which was clear ) i found the interlock \ flow switch input was not closing suggesting no flow but all pumps running. i have now changed this switch and bled all air but i am getting the same problem. volatage is good going to the switch, no wires corroded.

i then swapped the flow senor from the working chiller c1 to the none working chiller c2. c2 now runs for 40 mins then cuts out on p33 whilst c1 will not run atall as sensor is not closing which was brand new. so, i put the flow sensors back into the orignal places. c1 now operates fine no faults but c2 still goes into flow fault.

my Question when fitting a new flow sensor do you have to calibrate it using the interface or should it be a simple as drian down and fit, top up.

c1 chiller 1
    c2 chiller 2
    i have tried 2 new flow switchs, niether worked in any chiller.

this is so long winded
    thank

Post Likes
    Moved to Chiller forum.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozz1983 View Post
    hello all,
    i am new to this site so please be gental.
    i have 2 30RB chillers on a site, c1 is working perfecly and the other c2 will go into a p32 and p33 error followed up by a p14. after checking strainner ( which was clear ) i found the interlock \ flow switch input was not closing suggesting no flow but all pumps running. i have now changed this switch and bled all air but i am getting the same problem. volatage is good going to the switch, no wires corroded.

i then swapped the flow senor from the working chiller c1 to the none working chiller c2. c2 now runs for 40 mins then cuts out on p33 whilst c1 will not run atall as sensor is not closing which was brand new. so, i put the flow sensors back into the orignal places. c1 now operates fine no faults but c2 still goes into flow fault.

my Question when fitting a new flow sensor do you have to calibrate it using the interface or should it be a simple as drian down and fit, top up.

c1 chiller 1
    c2 chiller 2
    i have tried 2 new flow switchs, niether worked in any chiller.

this is so long winded
    thank
    Change cable?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Regarding flow switches assuming they are the thermal dispersion type If it is just water then its not a problem if glycol then they need to be calibrated through a tool supplied from Carrier.

Gibbo

Post Likes
    I don’t 100% know on the Carriers, but the Trane IFM switch is directional. There is a dot (looks like a hole from a drill bit) on the side of the flow switch which must be facing the flow. If not, it won’t work correctly. Both Carrier and Trane use IFM flow switches.