Post Likes

Air condituriner problem

Hello! I have a Carrier model air conditioning unit with indoor (wall mount) and outdoor units for a small residence. So since 2014 I’ve already had issues with the compressor and have had to get it changed twice.. currently the issue I’m having is that when I turn off the indoor unit with the remote the outdoor doesn’t turn off. So the wall mount basically freezes up to a block of ice. And even when I do leave it on and set it at a specific temp in auto mode it tends to continuously drop below that temp. Even though I set it on fan mode the air is still cold. The only way to turn it off is to shut the circuit breaker. So I was wondering if this could possibly be an issue related to the compressor again?

Post Likes
    What has your service provider said?

2 Compressors in 4 years i hope they said why such a high failure rate!

Post Likes
    To me it sounds like a ductless unit, one outdoor unit and multiple(2) indoor units.

"...when I turn off the indoor unit with the remote the outdoor doesn’t turn off..." & "...compressor and have had to get it changed twice..."
    I have a theory on this.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Below are the few common causes if the outdoor unit won’t shut off.
    Last edited by beenthere; 08-10-2018 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Remove DIY check list

Post Likes
    I clean air conditioning every half a year. And have no problem.

Post Likes
    Moved to AOP.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?